Gotta go check the progress of my house I'm having

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta go check the progress of my house I'm having

I'm really excited. It's 4 bdr, 2.5 bth and about 2000 sq ft with a 2 car garage. This is my first new house ever. Won't get to move in for about another 4 months. Not that anyone cared to hear, but I'm just really stoked. This is the nicest thing I've ever been able to give my wife and she deserves it. The only reason I work as hard as I do is for her. Hopefully she likes it. She doesn't even know it's being built. You guys have a great day. I have to go to work.
    "They misunderestimated me."
    Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
    -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

did you get the 'commision' off of it?

I have always wondered if real estate guys can sell a house to themselves.

same for car salesmen, i am sure
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by matt75@Feb 27 2004, 11:47 AM
      I'm really excited. It's 4 bdr, 2.5 bth and about 2000 sq ft with a 2 car garage. This is my first new house ever. Won't get to move in for about another 4 months. Not that anyone cared to hear, but I'm just really stoked. This is the nicest thing I've ever been able to give my wife and she deserves it. The only reason I work as hard as I do is for her. Hopefully she likes it. She doesn't even know it's being built. You guys have a great day. I have to go to work.
      Very cool Matt,

My wife and I need bigger digs because of the kids. I am thinking about going with Solar panels if possible.
      Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
      God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Woah -- she doesn't even know that it's being built?! Great googly moogly!

What if she doesn't like the fact that you have a stainless steel kitchen? A TV in the bathroom? A fully stocked wetbar in the basement?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Where is it?
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Feb 27 2004, 11:49 AM
            did you get the 'commision' off of it?

I have always wondered if real estate guys can sell a house to themselves.

same for car salesmen, i am sure
            Yes, I'll be getting my 3%. As to where it's at, it's in a brand new development in Buckeye Arizona. About 30 minutes from Luke AFB. It has an awesome view of the mountains and is in a quiet area. I can't wait. Went and saw the progress today and it's going good. If anyone is interested you can go to greatwesternhomes.com and in the communities section click on number 5 ironwood vista. My model is the grandiose, they have a virtual tour. It's costing me a little extra because I'm having an extra half bath and a den put in. Pretty reasonable though. You can get the base house for about 130. With my upgrades I'm paying about 160. Still not bad at all.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."

Comment

Very nice.

Direct link

Comment

Congrats, been to Tuscon beautiful part of the country. very cool, not in a heat way but
                ah hell you know what i mean

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Feb 27 2004, 03:58 PM
                  Very nice.

Direct link
                  Thanks. I like it a lot. It's just me, the wife and our 2 dogs for now. We really don't need anything bigger. I figure we'll stay there about 3 years and then upgrade. The real estate market is on fire here and will be for the next 10 years at least. My business partner had a house built last year and gained 17 grand in equity before they even moved in. It's amazing.

Comment

160k?

wow

I just sold our condo that is only 1100 sq ft for 230k.

han solo

Comment

Originally posted by hansolo@Feb 27 2004, 04:05 PM
                      160k?

wow

I just sold our condo that is only 1100 sq ft for 230k.

han solo
                      Where at?

Comment

Come on guys, admit it... this thread has exactly the same feel as those "Annual My-Life-is-Better-than-Your-Life Christmas Card Novellas" that people send out.

"In July, Peter and I spent two weeks on Martha's Vinyard. It was simply heavenly! We found a gorgeous antique grandfather clock that we absolutely stole for $16,000. Shipping it home was a nightmare!!"

"In November, it was off to Aspen! I'm getting better every year..."

Insert puke photo here.

Just messin wit ya, asscake.

Hmmm... might be over-doing it with that word.

Comment

yeah, real estate sucks here.

I've been talked into the daunting task of trying to purchase my first home in K-Wood, where a shack will cost $200k. I'm so fucked.

Comment

Matt -

Chicago (Edgewater area).

am now in St. Louis for the time being.

But Tucson sounds mighty tempting with that house price. I am just amazed u can get that nice of a house for only 160k.

han solo

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Feb 27 2004, 04:10 PM
                              yeah, real estate sucks here.

I've been talked into the daunting task of trying to purchase my first home in K-Wood, where a shack will cost $200k. I'm so fucked.
                              Don't feel bad. Like I said, I had to buy 30 minutes away from where both of us work to get something nice. Shitty houses in the area I wanted to live were running at 130+. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about anything. I'm just excited. Trust me, compared to most of the people at my office I'm still just squeaking by. There are some rich mofo's working there.

Comment

Working...
                              X