X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Offseason Thread 2021-22: Work Stoppage Month 2

29 days until the CBA expires
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Top of mind question: Does Freddie Freeman pull a Pujols? Win the WS with the only team he's ever known and then bolt...

And who can really use him? Why the Angels. (Or Mariners.)
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10

Comment

Baseball is the most tonedeaf sport going. I've been a fan for fifty plus years. This was the first time I did not watch one single moment of the playoffs after the Cardinals lost.
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I didn't realize Freeman was already 32. He should be rooting hard for the DH to come to the NL.
        Official Lounge Sponsor
        Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Reports say Buster Posey will retire on Thursday

Comment

If true, he'll retire with a BA just above .300, and a HOF induction percentage likely North of 90%.
            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Hell he's only 34.
              Official Lounge Sponsor

Comment

His body probably feels like 74.
                Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Nick Castellanos leaves $34M from Reds on table, opts out of deal to become free agent
                  https://sports.yahoo.com/nick-castel...204339503.html

Nick Castellanos might be the best outfielder on the free agent market.
                  "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Go get him MoGirsch.

Seems like a smart, calculated risk on his part, even without a CBA in place for next year. He'll only be 30 next season and someone is certainly going to give him more than $34m over the next two years. It looks like a pretty thin OF FA class too.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor

Comment

Not sure "best outfielder" is quite the descriptor there.

Comment

Why would they spend that kind of money on an outfielder when the current cast of characters performed better than capably this year (and probably have a combined salary less than half a season's worth of Castellanos), Nootbaar is raking in the AFL and SS and pitching are a much greater need than OF?
                        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Do not fear. The Cardinals will have zero interest in that fellow.

Comment

Castellanos has played third, so I'm sure he could play second.

tell'em, Wash

It's extremely difficult
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

I wasn't serious you guys...
                              Official Lounge Sponsor

Comment

Working...
                              X