No announcement yet.

GDT: 2021 College Football; Roll Dawgs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan, the #2 team, wins their conference title game against a ranked opponent by 39 points.

Everyone else: "They don't deserve to be #1."

Huh?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ijm View Post
      Not a Michigan fan but as a sports fan, nice to see see new teams in the playoffs.

Bama Mich in the finals, imo.

Bama wins.
      Wants new teams as long as they aren't Cincy:

Originally posted by ijm View Post
      Glovey seems to forget that Cincy's SOS is shit. 1st non P5 to get in. Stop bitching about how it should be seeded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glovey View Post
        Michigan, the #2 team, wins their conference title game against a ranked opponent by 39 points.

Everyone else: "They don't deserve to be #1."

Huh?!
        You can also say #3 team in the nation beats the number 1 team in the country by 14.

Michigan beat the number 13 team.

At this point does number one matter? Alabama or Michigan will play Cincy or Ga.
        And as someone else already said they probably wouldn’t have Bama Ga in the first round so it’s probably Michigan Cincy regardless of who gets 1 or 2.
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by madyaks View Post

You can also say #3 team in the nation beats the number 1 team in the country by 14.

Michigan beat the number 13 team.

At this point does number one matter? Alabama or Michigan will play Cincy or Ga.
          And as someone else already said they probably wouldn’t have Bama Ga in the first round so it’s probably Michigan Cincy regardless of who gets 1 or 2.
          Of course seeding matters. I'd much rather face Georgia than any of the other 3 teams.

Comment

• Seems like the NY6 bowls will be:

Rose Bowl - Ohio State vs Utah
            Fiesta Bowl - Notre Dame vs OK State
            Peach Bowl - Pitt vs Michigan State
            Sugar Bowl - Ole Miss vs Baylor
            Orange Bowl - Michigan vs Georgia
            Cotton Bowl - Alabama vs Cincinnati

Comment

Of course seeding matters. I'd much rather face Georgia than any of the other 3 teams.
              What I mean is it won’t be Georgia Alabama I think we agree
              It can’t be Georgia Cincy as they will be some combination of 3 and 4
              So regardless of who they put 1 and 2, they will have Michigan play Georgia and Alabama Cincy. It’s the only way they can do it unless the want a ga bama rematch first

Comment

• Originally posted by madyaks View Post

What I mean is it won’t be Georgia Alabama I think we agree
                It can’t be Georgia Cincy as they will be some combination of 3 and 4
                So regardless of who they put 1 and 2, they will have Michigan play Georgia and Alabama Cincy. It’s the only way they can do it unless the want a ga bama rematch first
                I see what you're saying, and that part makes sense. I still think the committee under-rewards head to head wins and under-punishes head to head losses.

Comment

Georgia being 2 or 3 after this performance is a fucking joke. Will not watch one second of the playoff games if they aren't at least #4.
                  Yes, yes you will...
                  Official Lounge Sponsor
                  Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

I hope they pair Cincy and Georgia (they won’t).

Cincy deserves to be in. The team nobody wants to play is Michigan. If Bama drew either Michigan or Georgia in the first round, the line would be low and they would have a good chance to get beat.

All of these teams have feet of clay. We didn’t think Georgia did until yesterday, but now you think they are the 30th ranked team in country.
                    June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

• I think it will be

1. Alabama
                      2. Michigan
                      3. Georgia
                      4. Cincy

Comment

• Perhaps this explains Ga’s performance: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...edgdhp&pc=U531

Edit: msn put out correction saying OU hasn’t decided. And espn reporting it is likely Venables.
                        tallahassee blues fan
                        Last edited by tallahassee blues fan; 12-05-2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ghost of Tupelo View Post
                          I think it will be

1. Alabama
                          2. Michigan
                          3. Georgia
                          4. Cincy
                          it should be Mich, Bama, Ga, Cincy

Comment

• Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan View Post
                            Perhaps this explains Ga’s performance: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...edgdhp&pc=U531

Edit: msn put out correction saying OU hasn’t decided. And espn reporting it is likely Venables.
                            Well that sucks ass, not only does it fuck Georgia but it seriously helps a team I hate.
                            OU has always played offense but now….

Comment

• Whether it makes sense in the rankings or whether it's fair, in light of their respective performances, the committee, advertisers, sponsors, networks, etc, are going to want to see Alabama play Michigan. The pairings will be arranged in the hope they meet for the chip. Too much potential to make everyone a ton of money.

Also, how was Hutchinson awarded the game's MVP on the strength of one tackle, 3 assists, and 1 sack? Sure, you cannot account for how disruptive he was, but what about Metchie (prior to injury), William's, McCarthy?
                              slow groove
                              Last edited by slow groove; 12-05-2021, 09:57 AM.
                              "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by slow groove View Post
                                Whether it makes sense in the rankings or whether it's fair, in light of their respective performances, the committee, advertisers, sponsors, networks, etc, are going to want to see Alabama play Michigan. The pairings will be arranged in the hope they meet for the chip. Too much potential to make everyone a ton of money.

Also, how was Hutchinson awarded the game's MVP on the strength of one tackle, 3 assists, and 1 sack? Sure, you cannot account for how disruptive he was, but what about Metchie (prior to injury), William's, McCarthy?
                                The best way to make that happen is with seeding I gave above

Comment

Working...
                                X