Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our friends the Saudis promoting tourism

Got this from andrewsullivan.com.
    THE SAUDIS PROMOTE TOURISM: Well, it's an improvement. Until you read the fine print. Here it is, according to the Guardian:
    The supreme commission for tourism's website lists those who will not be allowed in: Jews; people with Israeli stamps in their passport; "those who don't abide by the Saudi traditions concerning appearance and behaviour", and "those under the influence of alcohol".
    Can someone tell me why we still have cordial relations with a country that simply bans "Jews" from even entering its borders?
    The Guardian's story

Edited: added quote code.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Can someone tell me why we still have cordial relations with a country that simply bans "Jews" from even entering its borders?

Dvy, is this your question?

Of course my answer is even more clear after the discussions about $3.00 a gallon gas prices.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Feb 27 2004, 10:42 AM

Dvy, is this your question?

Of course my answer is even more clear after the discussions about $3.00 a gallon gas prices.
      Nah, that's Andrew Sullivan but I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think it was a legit question.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Any country that has a "Supreme Commission" for tourism takes itself way too fuckin seriously.

You know why Saudi is fucked...because it has about 5,000 Supreme Commission of all sorts of shit..tell me I'm wrong, here.

Comment

Working...
        X