• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per Twitter:
    -Jost not getting any discipline
    -Bortuzzo probably out for series

Comment

• Originally posted by slow groove View Post
      I don't believe the Blues lack grit or determination, but the level of skill (in comparison to, say, Vegas or Colorado, is certainly on display) is apparent thus far. As much as anything, I think we also are lacking muscle and toughness. Size where it matters. We seem to have a team-full of finesse players, guys who work best on the fringes or on open ice, not the requisite nastiness - players not averse to mucking it up, making the game ugly, and throwing their weight around, forcing the opposition to feel their presence. We're missing a combo of the two - nastiness/toughness (which we do not) and offensive skill (which we do).
      The forwards are largely the same as from 2019, but the forecheck is gone. The forecheck was what won them the Cup, it was devastating over the course of a series. The forwards don't seem to have the will to do it anymore.
      Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

• Originally posted by raise View Post

The forwards are largely the same as from 2019, but the forecheck is gone. The forecheck was what won them the Cup, it was devastating over the course of a series. The forwards don't seem to have the will to do it anymore.
        Very true.

Bortuzzo (likely) out? Every game, we become a more depleted team. Oxymoron.
        "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The Blues have a bunch of finesse players? Come on. This team cries out for skill guys and a finesse player or 2.

Nor is the team largely the same. Perron, Steen, Sundqvist, Maroon - gone or DNP. On the backend, Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester, Gunnarrson, Dunn, Edmundson, all gone or DNP.

Yes, the 2019 team relied on the forecheck, and now you have substracted 4 of their better forwards along the boards. Taken out 4 playoff guys and not replaced them with equivalent talent. Further, the forecheck was better because the backend was better. Better gap control, better pinching, forwards could be more aggressive because the defenders were better.

Basically, since 2019 the GM has let go of more talent than he brought in. He looked at the chemistry of the team, and thought some players didn't matter (and he was wrong), and then others got hurt, and the depth is not as good, or is younger, than in 2019.

Teams don't win and lose because of will, or heart, or desire. They win and lose largely because they are more talented, play better as a unit, fitness and conditioning, and coaching.
          From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

I think Steen and Sundqvist were a big part of that effort too and missing them has had an impact on the forecheck.

Edit: I see PPG has made a similar suggestion. Dammit.
            " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

• Comment

Blow it up. Their compete level is shit.
                Absurd. They are losing to an extremely talented team. It's not effort or heart.

Comment

• There is no doubt that that we are not as good as 2019. I’ve said it enough this year so I won’t rehash. Also, id take this Colorado team over our 2019 roster. We were lucky San Jose got that offside call and slipped by them in the second round that year - would have been a tough series.

Should be a clown show even more on defense now. Gonna get ugly.

Comment

• Well in fairness, San Jose did win game 3 on an illegal hand pass.
                    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

• Originally posted by JK View Post
                      Well in fairness, San Jose did win game 3 on an illegal hand pass.
                      What’s your point? It was a tie game in overtime. San Jose would have been a tough out if we didn’t pound them into submission much like Colorado is doing to us however unneeded it is right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post

What’s your point? It was a tie game in overtime. San Jose would have been a tough out if we didn’t pound them into submission much like Colorado is doing to us however unneeded it is right now.
                        Misread your post. I thought you were saying the Blues got lucky to get by San Jose.

Comment

• It was the conference finals, not round 2.

And who knows what the outcome would have been had there been no hand pass. I wouldn't change a Cup champ team for any other.

Are the Avs more stacked than the Blues '19 team? Probably. But this is 2021, not 2019. Cards won the WS w 83 wins, who cares, they were the Champs.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ijm View Post
                            It was the conference finals, not round 2.

And who knows what the outcome would have been had there been no hand pass. I wouldn't change a Cup champ team for any other.

Are the Avs more stacked than the Blues '19 team? Probably. But this is 2021, not 2019. Cards won the WS w 83 wins, who cares, they were the Champs.

Just my thoughts.
                            San Jose beat Colorado in round 2 that year.

im not taking anything away from our cup team.

Comment

• Oh shit, my bad like j k, thought you were talking about SJ vs Blues not them vs Avs. Sorry.

Comment

• I was also confused by River's post.

Comment

Working...
                                X