Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stupidest thing ever said

Direct Quote from an anchor on CNBC:

"Look around your office. If you see any people who are black or of a different origin, they are there because of Title VII, passed 40 years ago."

Originally posted by Fishbone@Feb 27 2004, 09:53 AM
    Direct Quote from an anchor on CNBC:

"Look around your office. If you see any people who are black or of a different origin, they are there because of Title VII, passed 40 years ago."
    Fish, when was this?

What a buffoon. Does tha anchor still have a job?
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

CG is starting to get a 'stupid' complex...

Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I only provide real-time commentary. She said it just 10 minutes ago. I don't expect to be seeing her on Monday though.

Comment

What a real thoughtful and insigutful thing to say. :rolleyes:

Comment

How do these people get, and more importantly, keep their jobs?

DO we just not care anymore?

Isn't there any shred of tact or couth anymore.
            Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Feb 27 2004, 10:04 AM
              How do these people get, and more importantly, keep their jobs?

DO we just not care anymore?

Isn't there any shred of tact or couth anymore.
              Does the irony of the quote and of who made it make anyone else laugh?

And Lazy, please don't use words I have to look up in the dictionary. It's Friday for crying out loud.

Comment

Say, how many blacks and minorities were white-collar professionals 40 years ago? Why are they there now, and what changed that? The Civil Rights Act of 1964, perhaps?

Comment

The thing that befuddles me is, how many people saw and reviewed the script and didn't say a word? Surely the script writer, producer, and anchor all went over the script together and none saw anything wrong in that statement? Shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Feb 27 2004, 10:06 AM
                    The thing that befuddles me is, how many people saw and reviewed the script and didn't say a word? Surely the script writer, producer, and anchor all went over the script together and none saw anything wrong in that statement? Shocking.
                    Maybe it was the anchor breaking away from the script to put in her own personal opinion... "ad lib" as it were.

My sister works for Channel 4 and she says that Robin Smith is a huge ad libber... she just uses the script some times as a guide, and interjects stuff all the time. That makes it hell on my sister, who is the teleprompter operator!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Dick Ford constantly does it.

I hate it, and get sick of it.

He always saays shit that he sees to be true and they just stare at him.

Retire, old fuck wad.
                      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Feb 27 2004, 10:06 AM
                        I am still waiting to hear why a comment crediting the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for the advancement of minorities in the workplace is so stupid and outrageous to begin with.

Comment

Kah,
                          The statement may be true, I don't have the numbers of the number of minorities as professionals before 1964 and after, but the wording of the phrase is what was troubling. The first reaction that the statement elicits is that they are ONLY there because of the Civil Rights Act and not because of their credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Feb 27 2004, 10:14 AM
                            Kah,
                            The statement may be true, I don't have the numbers of the number of minorities as professionals before 1964 and after, but the wording of the phrase is what was troubling. The first reaction that the statement elicits is that they are ONLY there because of the Civil Rights Act and not because of their credentials.
                            The point, Fishbone, is that there were plenty of blacks and minorities that were qualified before 1964, too. They just weren't in those white-collar fields because people didn't want to hire Negroes. It was the Civil Rights Act that opened doors for them.

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523+Feb 27 2004, 10:13 AM-->
                              QUOTE(kah2523 @ Feb 27 2004, 10:13 AM)
                            Working...
                            X