Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're Going to get Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit View Post
    Wouldn't a new formula have to undergo new testing? That timeline seems overly optimistic.
    No. It will have the same overall vaccine structure, and the way mRNA vaccines are produced gets around many of the other worries. Just a restructured Spike mRNA in the same mRNA/lipoparticle vehicle. Safety/Efficacy trials can be bypassed, but efficacy trials will likely be done after the vaccine is available.

    COVID is going to be like the Flu, I fear. I think Tony Fauci is dead wrong to believe that it will just go away, and is just giving his self imposed/justified babble about to calm everyone. The virus is just as likely to evolve into a far deadlier variant like SARS or MERS, as it is to just disappear. If that was the message that was out there, maybe more people would feel the need to get the vaccine.
    "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

    I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

    Matrem tuam pedicavi

    "I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

    Comment


    • Not gonna lie, every time this has happened I give a big smile and thumbs up to the Spirit in the Sky. His ironic humor is top notch.
      "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

      I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

      Matrem tuam pedicavi

      "I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

      Comment


      • Originally posted by slow groove View Post
        The Hidden U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic: Orphaned Children – More than 140,000 U.S. Children Lost a Primary or Secondary Caregiver Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

        https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...-children.html
        I can still vividly hear the cries of two little girls that lost their 46 year old father to this disease........I really wish I couldn't.
        "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

        I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

        Matrem tuam pedicavi

        "I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

        Comment


        • Originally posted by blue zone View Post

          One of my hopes with this particular vaccine kicking peoples arses just a bit, is that they may come to understand that it is the immune response that makes you sick feeling.....and stop telling me that the vaccine gave them Covid/flu/etc.. In my field, I hear it more than a bit from my friend group. You are literally kicking your own ass.



          I realise this will never happen.
          oh, knowing I had felt crappy with the first two, I knew I would feel crappy with the third. Glad the vax was doing its job and that I knew to expect a down day or two.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by blue zone View Post

            I can still vividly hear the cries of two little girls that lost their 46 year old father to this disease........I really wish I couldn't.
            Echoes of sorrow. Haunting. I cannot imagine.
            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

            "Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

            Comment


            • We should be more like the Germans:

              https://twitter.com/CNN/status/14664...otOOE-mYw&s=19

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Glovey View Post
                We should be more like the Germans:

                https://twitter.com/CNN/status/14664...otOOE-mYw&s=19
                "Fascists!"
                -RepubliQans

                Comment


                • Originally posted by blue zone View Post

                  No. It will have the same overall vaccine structure, and the way mRNA vaccines are produced gets around many of the other worries. Just a restructured Spike mRNA in the same mRNA/lipoparticle vehicle. Safety/Efficacy trials can be bypassed, but efficacy trials will likely be done after the vaccine is available.

                  COVID is going to be like the Flu, I fear. I think Tony Fauci is dead wrong to believe that it will just go away, and is just giving his self imposed/justified babble about to calm everyone. The virus is just as likely to evolve into a far deadlier variant like SARS or MERS, as it is to just disappear. If that was the message that was out there, maybe more people would feel the need to get the vaccine.
                  Thanks for clarification.

                  "
                  Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

                  Comment


                  • I'm shocked they would do this. Just shocked.





                    Mask mandates saved lives and prevented COVID-19 infections in Missouri’s biggest cities during the delta variant wave, an analysis shows.
                    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JK View Post
                      I'm shocked they would do this. Just shocked.




                      .

                      Comment


                      • ...
                        Originally posted by drat View Post

                        I'd say that both are bad.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Ice View Post
                          ...
                          I didn't say masks are bad, dumb shit

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by drat View Post

                            I didn't say masks are bad, dumb shit
                            But you did

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by The Ice View Post

                              But you did
                              Context helps

                              Picante compared kids getting orphaned and negative effects of kids wearing masks, for some reason.

                              I said I thought those were both bad.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by drat View Post

                                Context helps

                                Picante compared kids getting orphaned and negative effects of kids wearing masks, for some reason.

                                I said I thought those were both bad.
                                I guess we argue about some dumb things

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X