Dems Debate Gay Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazy-

Seems like they are trying to have a bob both ways..

We are against..but State decision..

Trying to appease the pro and con camps.

So, what's your point?? You dont think Bush(whacker) would try to bob both ways if he could.

Comment

I find it funny that those on this board are farther left than even Kerry and Edwards on gay marriage.

When Bush opposes gay marriage, he is "discriminating against gays". When Kerry and Edwards oppose gay marriage, it is not discrimination. Doesn't that sum up the stance you guys are taking?

Comment

Originally posted by dooz@Feb 26 2004, 10:33 PM
        I find it funny that those on this board are farther left than even Kerry and Edwards on gay marriage.

When Bush opposes gay marriage, he is "discriminating against gays". When Kerry and Edwards oppose gay marriage, it is not discrimination. Doesn't that sum up the stance you guys are taking?
        Dooz-

My stance is very consistent..and it does not matter if Kerry/Edwards/Bush says it..I think they are all lying sacks of shit.

Clear??

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi+Feb 26 2004, 10:43 PM-->
          QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Feb 26 2004, 10:43 PM)

Certainly the democratic nominee's policy positions will not work with all democrats.

Gays are only supporting Kerry or edwards because their stance is better than Bush's for them. The lesser of two evils.

Comment

Originally posted by dooz@Feb 26 2004, 10:33 PM
            Well, no. Kerry and Edwards oppose the marriage amendment and believe that homosexuals should be granted civil unions. Bush supports the amendment, which would ban gay marriage and civil unions in all 50 states, not to mention defacing the Constitution.

Yay! Another gay marriage thread!

Comment

Every liberal pundit keeps telling me that this issue "isn't important" and that nobody cares about it.

Yeah, right.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Feb 26 2004, 11:45 PM
                Every liberal pundit keeps telling me that this issue "isn't important" and that nobody cares about it.
                Lie.

Comment

ROFLMFAO
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

The way I see it ..is like this

No way gays would ever vote for Republicans..therefore, Dems know the have the poofter vote..therefore, they need to garner those more conservatives..so, by saying they are personally against it..but it is a state issue..they are trying to pander to those that may vote Dem..but be more socially conservative than most.

Just my feeling..

Comment

Well, Marriage has always been a state issue. No reason to change that now.

Wang, you were right earlier. They are all lying sacks.

I do find it interesting after the last 2 threads about discrimination.

The only question asked by the proponents of gay marriage was

Why wouldn't you supoprt gay marriage? It si unequal treatment if you don't.

And as Kah told us, the only reason you wouldn't is if you are a bigot and a hater.

Does that apply for all Kah?
                      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

this issue "isn't important" and that nobody cares about it.
                        It's not, and they do.

No way this becomes an amendment, and Bush and the GOP know it. It's a wedge issue designed to distract.

And as Kerry said last night, it's working.
                        His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                        Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Well, if Kerry says it, we know it is true.

Till he changes his mind.
                          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Feb 27 2004, 10:53 AM
                            Well, if Kerry says it, we know it is true.

Till he changes his mind.
                            Rhetoric alert! Rhetoric alert!
                            *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Working...
                            X