The Concert Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Catfish Hunter View Post

I've been told that's a St. Louis thing as we have a bad habit of throwing bottles and cans at artists. I
    I've never seen this happen in STL.
    It's like algebra...why you gotta put numbers and letters together. Why can't you just go fuck yourself?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tekken View Post

I've never seen this happen in STL.
      I haven't either, but this was told to me. Supposedly when Garth Brooks did a bunch of nights at then Scottrade someone hit him in the head with an aluminum beer bottle. He paused the show and almost didn't play the final concert. Then a few months later when Miley Cyrus was in her ass shaking, tittie showing phase she taunted the crowd and they threw tons on bottles at her. I'm guessing you weren't at those and neither was I.

The person that told me this is in the industry and says that both Enterprise and Rivershit have problems with massive calloffs for "all pour" concerts because it's triple work for employees.

Yes, another typical Catfish post.

Comment

• Going to David Gray tomorrow

Comment

• George Lynch on Friday night was incredible.

Comment

• They let us keep the cans at Willie Nelson.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ice View Post
              They let us keep the cans at Willie Nelson.
              That's up to the promoter and the crowd. It's usually the rock and bro country concerts where they make everything get poured in to cups. Other concerts they let you keep the bottles, but the vendor has to keep the cap.

The worst still has to have been in the mid-late 90's when Nine Inch Nails played Kiel Center and the concert was dry.

Comment

• Catfished

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ghost of Tupelo View Post
                  Catfished
                  Totally

But it is irritating to go to a concert in another city where they let you keep the bottle and the lines aren't 3 miles long because they have to pour everything in to a cup.

Comment

• They poured beverages into cups in Memphis, when I was there for their music festival

it was also poorly run, imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Whatdapint View Post
                      Finally, the Uber area is across the street now.
                      When you say "across the street" are you talking about over by the office buildings that house medical company and Spectrum offices?

Comment

• Originally posted by drat View Post
                        They poured beverages into cups in Memphis, when I was there for their music festival

it was also poorly run, imo
                        Really? I never had that happen. Then again I was mostly drinking Ranch Water.
                        Vision Boarding all up in this bitch.

Comment

• Guess there are various rules at various events and places.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whatdapint View Post

Really? I never had that happen. Then again I was mostly drinking Ranch Water.
                            Maybe it was just for their wine, but yeah. Their wine was more of a seltzer wine mix, and they poured into cups.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ice View Post
                              Guess there are various rules at various events and places.
                              I’d say that’s probably more the case, than St. Louis being the shittiest place for anything, per CFH

Comment

• Originally posted by drat View Post

I’d say that’s probably more the case, than St. Louis being the shittiest place for anything, per CFH
                                It's absolutely the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X