Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Reign of President Trump Thread; Wad Jerks it to Fox Business Headlines Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would his kids beat him to the punch knowing that?

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

• You guys watch too many movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ghost of Tupelo View Post
        You guys watch too many movies.
        I like to think of them as “shorts.” Wait, um...
        We had a drink or two,
        well, maybe three
        and then suddenly
        she starts tellin’ me her life story

Official sponsor of Johnny Rose

Comment

• If they have the goods on Trump (and signs are increasingly pointing in that direction), I just don't think Tish James or Cy Vance are going to be interested in offering him a deal. At least not one that doesn't include some type of jail time. Tish James campaigned on going after Trump.

What does Trump have to offer in terms of making a deal? Who is he going to flip on? He's the top dog. The Trump Org is not a large business.

It's possible they issue a criminal indictment only against the company with the end goal just being to put it out of business. But I think they want more than that.
          " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

• Originally posted by JK View Post
            If they have the goods on Trump (and signs are increasingly pointing in that direction), I just don't think Tish James or Cy Vance are going to be interested in offering him a deal. At least not one that doesn't include some type of jail time. Tish James campaigned on going after Trump.

What does Trump have to offer in terms of making a deal? Who is he going to flip on? He's the top dog. The Trump Org is not a large business.

It's possible they issue a criminal indictment only against the company with the end goal just being to put it out of business. But I think they want more than that.
            Feather in the cap as the prosecutor who takes down a POTUS?
            We had a drink or two,
            well, maybe three
            and then suddenly
            she starts tellin’ me her life story

Official sponsor of Johnny Rose

Comment

If they have the goods on Trump (and signs are increasingly pointing in that direction), I just don't think Tish James or Cy Vance are going to be interested in offering him a deal. At least not one that doesn't include some type of jail time. Tish James campaigned on going after Trump.

Tish James is a democrat who campaigned that she was going after the Trump organization? Sounds impartial to me! And Cy Vance seems to be a horrible attorney. Trump won't spend a day in jail. I'd be surprised if he sees the inside of a court.
              Last edited by The Ghost of Tupelo; 05-25-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Trump will see some jail time. And it will be a grand day
                2017 sponsee of Aledmys Diaz
                2016 sponsor of Stephen "Piss" Piscotty also know as "Biscuits"
                *2015 sponsor of Randall Grichuk
                *Sponsoree of CG
                2014 (and 2013) sponsor of Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Tish James is a democrat who cmapaiged that she was going after the Trump organization? Sounds impartial to me! And Cy Vance seems to be a horrible attorney. Trump won't spend a day in jail. I'd be surprised if he sees the inside of a court.
                  I guess I missed where I said anything about her being a Democrat. She campaigned on getting rid of white collar crime with Trump being one of the examples.

Man, it's good to know you're happy watching someone like him skate, though. Perfect example of why the country is where it is - if it's someone you think is a Democrat that's going to make him accountable, well that just isn't fair.
                  " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

• I bet a buddy $100 Trump would lose the election. I then went 5-1 on the fact he'll be convicted of a crime post presidency. 720 day limit
                    this is important
                    *Sponsoree of CG

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandwagon Loblaw View Post
                      I bet a buddy $100 Trump would lose the election. I then went 5-1 on the fact he'll be convicted of a crime post presidency. 720 day limit
                      this is important
                      Can I take you up on some of that action?

Comment

• Originally posted by drat View Post

Can I take you up on some of that action?
                        You'd have to spot me the $100 I won from the election first. But sure.
                        *Sponsoree of CG

Comment

I guess I missed where I said anything about her being a Democrat. She campaigned on getting rid of white collar crime with Trump being one of the examples.

Man, it's good to know you're happy watching someone like him skate, though. Perfect example of why the country is where it is - if it's someone you think is a Democrat that's going to make him accountable, well that just isn't fair.
                          I hate Trump more than you. I have no idea if he is guilty of white collar crime and either do you. For the last five years, you were pretty sure he was going down on a weekly to monthly basis. He's rich. How many rich CEO's go to jail? I'll answer that for you - not many.

Comment

I hate Trump more than you. I have no idea if he is guilty of white collar crime and either do you. For the last five years, you were pretty sure he was going down on a weekly to monthly basis. He's rich. How many rich CEO's go to jail? I'll answer that for you - not many.
                            I underestimated the number of cowards and people who would cover his ass in the government. That contributed to him being able to obstruct justice to protect himself from accountability for other misdeeds. He doesn't have any of the protections of the presidency now.

And as for being rich, that is debatable - he can't even retain decent counsel because he has a history of stiffing them. And Trump isn't the CEO of some big corporation. He runs a small family business that makes money through cheating and corruption.

If they have the paper trail proving his criminality, it isn't going to matter how rich he is anyway. Numbers don't lie and no amount of good lawyering can get around that. And no one has any reason to cut a deal with him unless it's to save the taxpayers money. And if that happens, he's not getting a deal with no jail time.

Comment

I underestimated the number of cowards and people who would cover his ass in the government. That contributed to him being able to obstruct justice to protect himself from accountability for other misdeeds. He doesn't have any of the protections of the presidency now.

And as for being rich, that is debatable - he can't even retain decent counsel because he has a history of stiffing them. And Trump isn't the CEO of some big corporation. He runs a small family business that makes money through cheating and corruption.

If they have the paper trail proving his criminality, it isn't going to matter how rich he is anyway. Numbers don't lie and no amount of good lawyering can get around that. And no one has any reason to cut a deal with him unless it's to save the taxpayers money. And if that happens, he's not getting a deal with no jail time.
                              That's your opinion.
                              User Settings > Account > Ignore List "wonderdog" > Save settings

When the universe laughs, take cover.

Money isn't real.

Comment

• I would be very surprised to see Trump ever report to a jail cell. Fines, liens, etc, sure whatever, probably just another day as a shady businessman ripping off every man, woman, and child in his path. But then he'll leverage the whole experience into some sort of victimhood thing he'll blame on liberal judges, etc, and use it to fund raise on.
                                25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                                Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Working...
                                X