Congresswoman: Bush Haiti Policy 'Racist'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing the old race card again, eh?

I would like to preface this by saying that this is not an attack on you. . .

No offense Lazy, I really do enjoy conversing with you online, but this kind of bullshit gets very old.
    Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

It just goes to show you that even really stupid people can get elected to Congress. Is this a great country or what?
      "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Feb 26 2004, 03:19 PM

No offense Lazy, I really do enjoy conversing with you online, but this kind of bullshit gets very old.
        So does the double standard in regards to race relations
        Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Feb 26 2004, 03:19 PM

Scott,
          I really enjoy you too.

Don't read it.
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Lazy:

I just realized that was Corrine Brown from Florida. She's kind of wacko. You might remember her from the 2000 election fiasco.

While it is true that 27,000 votes weren't counted in her district, the reason was because some folks in her district misunderstood the voting directions they received from several liberal activist groups.

Their get-out-the-vote efforts included the slogan: "Vote for Gore and Brown." Unfortunately for them, Harry Browne was also on the Presidential ticket as a Libertarian candidate. Thus there were two votes for President.

She defined this as disenfranchisement. I call it something else.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

I saw this earlier today and thought about posting it, but I wanted to see who posted it first. Lazy, I have to say I thought it would be someone else.

This woman has made a jackass out of herself. Her statements were highly offensive and she should be punished for them.
              2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Feb 26 2004, 03:32 PM
                I saw this earlier today and thought about posting it, but I wanted to see who posted it first. Lazy, I have to say I thought it would be someone else.

This woman has made a jackass out of herself. Her statements were highly offensive and she should be punished for them.
                Well, I don't know if she should be punished, other than not voting for her next election. Ther is no law against being stupid.

Believe me, I know.

My point posting this was just to highlight how contenious and out of touch politics, especially partisan politics have become.

I mean what an outrageous response by her, at the most inopportune time. It had to be driven by hatred more than policy.

Anyway, ScottStevens thinks this stuff is really old, no offense of course.

Comment

No - I don't think it's hatred - I think it's genuine concern over how Bush is handling the Hatian problem.

But to throw in a "you all look alike to me" deserves somekind of censure from her collegues.
                  2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52@Feb 26 2004, 03:30 PM
                    Lazy:

I just realized that was Corrine Brown from Florida. She's kind of wacko. You might remember her from the 2000 election fiasco.

While it is true that 27,000 votes weren't counted in her district, the reason was because some folks in her district misunderstood the voting directions they received from several liberal activist groups.

Their get-out-the-vote efforts included the slogan: "Vote for Gore and Brown." Unfortunately for them, Harry Browne was also on the Presidential ticket as a Libertarian candidate. Thus there were two votes for President.

She defined this as disenfranchisement. I call it something else.
                    Damn, some people are stupid. Or zombies.

Comment

Just imagine if a white Congressman said that to a black.
                      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Feb 26 2004, 03:41 PM
                        But to throw in a "you all look alike to me" deserves somekind of censure from her collegues.
                        If I were advising the Republicans, I would tell them to stay as far away as they could from trying to formally censure Ms. Brown.

Now if the democrats want to do that, or perhaps just the black caucaus, then fine.

Comment

No - I don't think it's hatred - I think it's genuine concern over how Bush is handling the Hatian problem.

Just out of curiosity, can you help me understand what the genuine concern was about, and why it was directly funneled at GWB and Mr. Noriega?

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Feb 26 2004, 03:46 PM
                            Just out of curiosity, can you help me understand what the genuine concern was about, and why it was directly funneled at GWB and Mr. Noriega?
                            I don't know any more than what's stated in the article.
                            During the meeting, Brown criticized the administration's response to the escalating violence in Haiti, where rebels opposing President Jean-Bertrand Aristide's (search) government have seized control of large parts of the country.

Brown has criticized the detention of Haitian migrants fleeing their country and the freezing of millions of dollars in aid over flawed 2000 legislative elections in the impoverished Caribbean nation. In a statement Wednesday, she made parallels to the disputed 2000 election in Florida.

Comment

Trig:

I assume this will be a topic on Fox this evening. Do you think it will be discussed in the more mainstream media? Should it?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X