Bonds to Turk - Say it to My Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonds to Turk - Say it to My Face

This should make the Rockies-Giants games more interesting this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1744043

ESPN.com news services
    SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Barry Bonds chastised Colorado reliever Turk Wendell on Wednesday for accusing him of using steroids.

A day after Wendell said it was "clear just seeing his body" that Bonds was taking steroids, the San Francisco Giants slugger said the remark should've been made directly to him -- not a reporter.

Bonds also used profanity in his response.

"I heard about his comments. If you've got something to say, say it to my face," Bonds said. "Don't talk through the media."

"I'm not worried about him. I'm not worried about anyone. I have a lot of respect for Turk Wendell. I have a lot of respect for every baseball player in this game," he added. "You got something to say, you come to my face and say it and we'll deal with each other. Don't talk through the media like you're some tough guy."
    Speaking after the Giants' first full-squad workout at spring training, Bonds also hinted that he isn't going to put up with as much from pitchers this season -- but he didn't go as far as saying he'd retaliate if he gets hit.

"I'm not playing with any of these guys out there this year," he said. "It's going to be a battle and a war. That's just what it's going to be. I think sometimes a couple of people got a little bit too comfortable with me, and those things are going to change. And it's going to change quick. Real quick. ...

"There's going to be a respect level. I'll respect you if you respect me. But if not, then we're going deal with that on the field. ... I don't ever threaten anyone. But things will be different."
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Boinds. Nice.

Hey look - you can edit thread titles on this forum! Sweet.
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Feb 26 2004, 12:08 PM
      Boinds. Nice.

Hey look - you can edit thread titles on this forum! Sweet.
      Hey, in the spirit of coming up with witty nicknames, I think Boinds sound pretty good, Trig.

Bond + Roids = Boinds.

Take the credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Feb 26 2004, 12:08 PM
        Speaking after the Giants' first full-squad workout at spring training, Bonds also hinted that he isn't going to put up with as much from pitchers this season -- but he didn't go as far as saying he'd retaliate if he gets hit.

"I'm not playing with any of these guys out there this year," he said. "It's going to be a battle and a war. That's just what it's going to be. I think sometimes a couple of people got a little bit too comfortable with me, and those things are going to change. And it's going to change quick. Real quick. ...

"There's going to be a respect level. I'll respect you if you respect me. But if not, then we're going deal with that on the field. ... I don't ever threaten anyone. But things will be different."
        What do you expect when you stand on the plate? Gibby would have knocked him down every time until he backed off. He shouldn't be allowed to wear the armor.
        Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Well Mr Bonds, take off your robot arm, back off the plate a bit and let pitchers pich you inside and see what happens.
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Bonds charging the mound with Gibby on the rubber.

I would definitely pay to see that.

Even today.
            Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

His interview was hilarious, he seemed to get more and more angry as time went on.

Comment

Originally posted by hkyfan@Feb 26 2004, 01:34 PM
                Bonds charging the mound with Gibby on the rubber.

I would definitely pay to see that.

Even today.
                Not me, Gibby could get hurt by that roid monster.

Unless he plunked him in the earhole
                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy@Feb 26 2004, 01:38 PM
                  His interview was hilarious, he seemed to get more and more angry as time went on.
                  Ah, roid rage.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Working...
                  X