Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your most memorable meeting with a celeb?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's your most memorable meeting with a celeb?

    ...let's make him feel worse!

    What are your most memorable encounters with celebrities?

  • #2
    When I met Bobby Knight
    Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

    "Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."


    - Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

    "Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

    -

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by devaskar@Feb 26 2004, 10:44 AM
      ...let's make him feel worse!

      What are your most memorable encounters with celebrities?
      Thanks for this, LA Boy.

      :rolleyes:

      The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

      Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

      Comment


      • #4
        When I met most of the Arsenal football team. Alas no Thierry though. :(

        Comment


        • #5
          I love this thread


          Saw Manny Alexander at a gas station, so ha.
          Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

          Comment


          • #6
            Gotta be Andruw Jones for me

            I also met Franco Harris while at Epcot Center
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

            Comment


            • #7
              Every time I look in the mirror.
              I'm always right.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mine was with Sir Richard Attenburough. He was the old guy in Jurassic Park. He also is a director. When I was stationed in Italy he was directing a film called In Love and War starring Sandra Bullock. A lot of us guys from the base were extras and my friend Dave who had previously been stationed in England went up and introduced himself. Sir Attenburough was very gracious and took pictures with us and even went so far as to have about 5 of us to his personal trailor for lunch. We got to take lots of pictures and he gave autographs. A gentlemen in every sense of the word.
                "They misunderestimated me."
                Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000


                "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004


                "If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

                Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kaiser@Feb 26 2004, 10:48 AM
                  Every time I look in the mirror.
                  I thought about mentioning myself too, but I didn't want it to apear that I was bragging.
                  Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

                  "Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."


                  - Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

                  "Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

                  -

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ScottStevens+Feb 26 2004, 10:50 AM-->
                    QUOTE(ScottStevens @ Feb 26 2004, 10:50 AM)

                  • #11
                    Went to Pitts to see a Cards 3 game series in the early 90's.

                    van slyke was sitting out due to a sprained ankle. After the game, I was walking to my car. The SOB runs from the clubhouse and hurdles a parking barracade that is nearly 4 feet off the ground and continues to his suv/van looking thing.

                    ASSHOLE

                    Bigger asshole update........

                    The saturday game was a night game and around noon-3 there were tables set up around the stadium for players to sign auto's for the day. Only two members didnt show.

                    Bonds and Bonilla.

                    Ushers, players, and coaches told folks that those two would be there shortly. Long lines of children and fans stood in the line that led to the table with Bonds and Bonnila's name above it.

                    I left and went to a restaraunt afterwards - 4ish pm-
                    Walked in and sat down and I look over at the table near mine and hiding behind a fake plant is Bonds and Bonilla.

                    As I walked out after my meal, I kindly told them I was disapointed that they stood up all of the children.
                    Bonds kindly told me that he didnt get paid to sign things on game days.

                    Bonilla just cackled like a hyena.
                    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Talking with Terry Pendleton before a game one summer.

                      He was very nice and gave me the ball that he and Ozzie were playing catch with previously.

                      I liked the guy ever since. He actually was quite nice and have good enunciation.
                      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        A buddy of mine stood next to Eddie George at a urinal at King's Island.
                        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Feb 26 2004, 10:56 AM
                          Talking with Terry Pendleton before a game one summer.

                          He was very nice and gave me the ball that he and Ozzie were playing catch with previously.

                          I liked the guy ever since. He actually was quite nice and have good enunciation.
                          Surely it was when you were with Britney?

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by JackSparrow@Feb 26 2004, 10:52 AM
                            Went to Pitts to see a Cards 3 game series in the early 90's.

                            van slyke was sitting out due to a sprained ankle. After the game, I was walking to my car. The SOB runs from the clubhouse and hurdles a parking barracade that is nearly 4 feet off the ground and continues to his suv/van looking thing.

                            ASSHOLE

                            Bigger asshole update........

                            The saturday game was a night game and around noon-3 there were tables set up around the stadium for players to sign auto's for the day. Only two members didnt show.

                            Bonds and Bonilla.

                            Ushers, players, and coaches told folks that those two would be there shortly. Long lines of children and fans stood in the line that led to the table with Bonds and Bonnila's name above it.

                            I left and went to a restaraunt afterwards - 4ish pm-
                            Walked in and sat down and I look over at the table near mine and hiding behind a fake plant is Bonds and Bonilla.

                            As I walked out after my meal, I kindly told them I was disapointed that they stood up all of the children.
                            Bonds kindly told me that he didnt get paid to sign things on game days.

                            Bonilla just cackled like a hyena.
                            What did you expect? Bonds is the biggest fucking tool in professional sports.
                            "They misunderestimated me."
                            Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000


                            "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004


                            "If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                            -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

                            Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X