• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Williams can't pitch

Alan Benes.

Per KFNS this morning

Unfortunately, this is not a joke.
    Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Feb 26 2004, 10:24 AM
    Alan Benes.

Per KFNS this morning

His Cubs tenure was not memorable, so he is out to prove something this time and will impress.

You hope.
    Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

In related news, the Astros and Cubs have officially conceded the NL Central to the Cards for the next 2 decades sighting the competetive disadvantage they're at because of the Cards outstanding starting pitching and baseball's best fans.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Alan Benes.

Per KFNS this morning

Woohoo, that will strengthen the rotation.

Comment

I heard that last night (or what was a hint to it) on KMOV. He said he had nothing to lose.
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Alan Benes.

Per KFNS this morning

I thought I read yesterday that Simo was back. He's starting one of the Spring training games.

Alan Benes????

Say it ain't so SS.
            Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

We don't have a better option than Benes? That's fucking sad.

Comment

Woody had returned to average journeyman Woody by the end of last season anyway, so it isn't that huge a loss.
                Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

No problem. Didn't Woody teach Andy how to throw the splitter and salvage '02?
                  Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever+Feb 26 2004, 10:26 AM-->
                    QUOTE(Cubs4ever @ Feb 26 2004, 10:26 AM)

You know, Alan Benes has probably been one of my favorite Cardinals over the last decade or so. It's a shame what happened to him on July 31, 1997, when his shoulder exploded on him. The guy was a stud in 1997 before that, on his way to being a bona fide No. 1.

I hope he finds a way to carve out some sort of his productive career from here on out.

Comment

Jebus.

Isn't Andy available?
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by justwundrin@Feb 26 2004, 10:30 AM
                        That would be Finley teaching his older brother Andy the splitter.

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Originally posted by justwundrin@Feb 26 2004, 10:30 AM
                          That was Finley
                          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Feb 26 2004, 10:30 AM
                            You know, Alan Benes has probably been one of my favorite Cardinals over the last decade or so. It's a shame what happened to him on July 31, 1997, when his shoulder exploded on him. The guy was a stud in 1997 before that, on his way to being a bona fide No. 1.

I hope he finds a way to carve out some sort of his productive career from here on out.
                            I agree

But, that was then and this is now.

For example. . .

Back then, I supported Jocketty, La Russa and Cardinals Ownership.

-

Comment

Working...
                            X