Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The female Senator from NY questions volunteer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The female Senator from NY questions volunteer....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4372246/

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

The citizens of NY need to get that idiot out of Congress, and right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark@Feb 26 2004, 12:38 AM
      The citizens of NY need to get that idiot out of Congress, and right now.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Good article, actually.
        Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Clinton also saw a likelihood that the new Iraqi government would repress women’s rights which, she said, had been expanded by Saddam Hussein.

“I have been deeply troubled by what I hear coming out of Iraq. When I was there and met with women members of the national governing council and local governing councils in Baghdad and Kirkuk they were starting to express concerns about some of the pullbacks in the rights they were given under Saddam Hussein,” she said.

“He was an equal opportunity oppressor, but on paper, women had rights. They went to school, they participated in the professions, they participated in government and in business; as long as they stayed out of his way, they had considerable freedom of movement.”
          Crap...do you think if we ask nicely and apologize for everything, we can get Saddam to come back? *

*(Yes, I know that's not what she's saying.)

Comment

While I agree in theory with the idea of a draft, there are ways -- MUCH better ways -- that people can serve without having it be in the military.

I'd rather go to war with a guy or girl at my side who I know wants to be there, or at least wants to be there enough to have signed up on their own.
            The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Feb 26 2004, 01:26 AM
              While I agree in theory with the idea of a draft, there are ways -- MUCH better ways -- that people can serve without having it be in the military.

I'd rather go to war with a guy or girl at my side who I know wants to be there, or at least wants to be there enough to have signed up on their own.
              In Vietnam, there was a fundamental conflict between the interests of lifetime soldiers who needed to do certain things to win promotions, and draftees who needed to avoid doing certain things in order to get out alive. (I think there's a reference to this at the end of the movie "Animal House"----- Neidermeier).
              v

Comment

Working...
              X