Kill Bill Volume 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill Bill Volume 2

It's been far too long between these two movies. Just release it already!!!!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Feb 25 2004, 11:45 PM

It's been far too long between these two movies. Just release it already!!!!
    Agreed. I wanted to see the second one immediately after Vol. 1.
    "My name is Pussy Galore."
    "I must be dreaming."

Official Sponsor of Scott Rolen

Comment

I loved Kill Bill Volume 1. Almost as much as I like Ran and Seven Samurai. It's brilliant.

I'm not comparing Tarantino to Kurosawa, but he comes damn close with Kill Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Feb 25 2004, 11:50 PM
        I loved Kill Bill Volume 1. Almost as much as I like Ran and Seven Samurai. It's brilliant.

I'm not comparing Tarantino to Kurosawa, but he comes damn close with Kill Bill.
        Uh huh. And I can *bet* the fact that Uma's in it doesn't hurt either :P

But I'm looking forward to it. I adore Tarantino so.
        "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. "
        -- Dennis, Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulous_Blue+Feb 25 2004, 11:56 PM-->
          QUOTE(Nebulous_Blue @ Feb 25 2004, 11:56 PM)

I was wondering if I was the only one to like Vol. 1. I mentioned it to some people at work, they went and saw it, then came back acting like I was crazy. That was a fun, fun film. What really got me was the sound. It was like everything was jacked up to 12, y'know? When The Bride get's shot in the opening scene, even though I was expecting it, the sound caused me to jump about a foot out of my seat.

And you can't say enough about the music in a QT film. The man has an ear for picking the exact right song for the exact right moment in each of his films.
          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

And yes, driving the pussy wagon would be awesome.
            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

I about crapped my pants when I heard the soundtrack to that film. Anything with 'Bang Bang' in it gets big ups in my book.

Comment

I'm still pissed that Miramax broke this in two to extort more $$$ out of the Tarantino fanatical base out there...

That being said...I'm going to go see it as soon as it comes out B)
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Really, really hated Kill Bill Vol. 1.

90 minutes of nothing but hideous, disgusting violence. Might as well have rented a "Faces of Death" tape. And I speak not as a prude, but as somebody who really enjoyed "Pulp Fiction".

And not only was it disgustingly violent, it was stupid. Like that scene where Uma Thurman kills, oh, 100 of Lucy Liu's henchmen. First, it had to have lasted at least 20 minutes--20 minutes of Uma hacking, chopping, slicing and dicing assorted henchmen, without any dialogue at all. BORING. Second, like she wouldn't get tired? Like they wouldn't be able to kill her when she finally just got too tired to fight?

Man, did I hate that movie. Nine dollars I'll never get back.

Comment

I'll see if I can get a copy.
                    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Working...
                    X