Does the W stand for "wedge"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the W stand for "wedge"

Whatever happened to the conservative touchstone that states and municipalities should have the right to govern themselves?

Why would GWB make a public statement supporting amending the constitution to contract (rather than expand) citizens' rights, except to pander to the hard right pissed off at his spending and immigration policies?

especially when one considers that amending the constitution is (appropriately) a monumental task involving Congress and the states - (and not the President)...

Transparent, I hope, even to the hard right.

Moe
    The Dude abides.

Originally posted by Moe_Szyslak@Feb 25 2004, 11:44 PM
    Whatever happened to the conservative touchstone that states and municipalities should have the right to govern themselves?

Why would GWB make a public statement supporting amending the constitution to contract (rather than expand) citizens' rights, except to pander to the hard right pissed off at his spending and immigration policies?

especially when one considers that amending the constitution is (appropriately) a monumental task involving Congress and the states - (and not the President)...

Transparent, I hope, even to the hard right.

Moe
    http://sportlounge.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=369

Comment

I suppose you're unfamiliar with the words "Full Faith and Credit"?
      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark+Feb 25 2004, 11:46 PM-->
        QUOTE(Airshark @ Feb 25 2004, 11:46 PM)

Of COURSE he's throwing a bone to the far right. And since the amendment will never pass, it's a no-risk deal.

Now, if he starts seriously pushing it left and right, that'll be a different story.

Comment

Working...
        X