Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (L as in big loss) (Q [as in 'quis sucks]) Brewers vs. Cards, 9/28/06

I am not afraid of Marquis.

Cards magic number is 4 going into a four-game set with the Brewers. Have to pick up a couple of wins here, and no better way to start than to have the "good" Jason Marquis show up for one more start. (We can hope, can't we?)

GO CARDS!!!

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

11:58?

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty
      11:58?
      old man's gotta sleep, ya'know
      Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
      Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
      There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
      "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
      "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

I think people at Busch should give Markowitz a standing O since this will be his final regular season start in a Cards uniform.*

*Barring that potential makeup game on Monday.
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

I put way too much vmoney on this game, but I think the Cards are feeling it now.

Marquis shmarquis.

"Sometimes you score, sometimes you don't," Tarasenko said. "You can't score every game. So, at the same time, you need to help your team. You can be a factor. That's what I try to do. I believe it's coming if you just don't think about it".

Comment

25-52: The road record for the Brewers. Third fewest road wins in all of baseball (Devil Rays have 20 and Pirates have 24).

Comment

Should I bet against us again so we win? Seems to work...

Comment

Originally posted by Tazlaz
                old man's gotta sleep, ya'know
                ++

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933
                  I am not afraid of Marquis.

Cards magic number is 4 going into a four-game set with the Brewers. Have to pick up a couple of wins here, and no better way to start than to have the "good" Jason Marquis show up for one more start. (We can hope, can't we?)

GO CARDS!!!

What the hell's going on here? Dog and GDT just don't seem to fit together. Then again, Marquis and winning just don't seem to fit together either. Go Dog, GO CARDS!!!!!!!11111
                  RIP Stan the Man
                  The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                  I miss TLR!

Comment

Presenting Jason Marquis.

Cards need to win to stay at least 1.5 games up. Last week of the season. Pennant race. A spot on the post-season roster may depend on how he does. The amount of his next contract may depend on how he does.

I hope Albert can pull out another one.
                    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jhuegy
                      What the hell's going on here? Dog and GDT just don't seem to fit together. Then again, Marquis and winning just don't seem to fit together either. Go Dog, GO CARDS!!!!!!!11111
                      Hey...I'm 1-0 this year out of the pen...and that one win was right after the first 8 game losing streak (and I think I had Marquis that time, too...)

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog

Comment

After the Stros lose this afternoon the magic number will be 3

Jason will make it 2 - with help from Rolen, Edmonds, and Belliard.

When we take the field tomorrow night - we will push the Astros to Dorme - and they will lose either Friday night or Saturday - it won't matter - we will win on Saturday and Sunday.
                        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Looks like there will be a rain delay in Pittsburgh....I'm listening on gameday audio

Comment

Could become a monday game

http://weather.yahoo.com/img/us_pit_...dium_usen.html

I don't see it clearing up until tonight.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Okay so let me correct myself -

Cards win tonight and Stros go to 2 back after their rainout.

They are then 2 back with 3 to play.

We win on Friday and move them to quasi dorme.

Saturday and Sunday finish it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
                              X