Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first car?

I'll go first.

A blue 1973 Ford Pinto, which I bought in 1977 for $900.00. I kept it for three years, and got about 30,000 mile off of it.
    Make America Great For Once.

1990 Dodge Daytona, which I bought in 2000 for 600 bucks.. Damn could that car fly for a 4-cylinder...

Currently on my 2nd car... Don't like it near as much even though it's infinitely more reliable.

"
    Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Good topic.

1987 Toyota 4-Runner.

It was a piece of shit, as the 4WD went out on me in the middle of winter. Then the engine would lose power for a few seconds every 30 minutes or so. Toyota mechanics had the thing for 3 days, and basically said, "We're not sure what's wrong with it, but it'll be expensive to find out, and even more expensive to fix." Super. So I sold the POC. I only had it for about a year.

Comment

1987 Ford T-Bird. No 16 year old should be given a V8 5.0. God I drove the hell out of that. It was 7 years old when I got it but still ran great. Now I've gone the SUV route with a 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and currently a 2003 Pathfinder.
        "My name is Pussy Galore."
        "I must be dreaming."

Official Sponsor of Scott Rolen

Comment

A 7600 FORD TRACTOR
          FML

Comment

HI COACH WERE YOU OVER AT THE OTHER LOUNGE OR THE PRESSBOX? IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE.

Comment

an '81 toyota tercel.

Bought it in '92 for $1100

Called it the turd (sorry ferguson).

Had the vinyl seats, use to spray it out with a hose. None of the guages worked.

Sold it in '95 for $700 minus a clutch.
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

My stepmother's 1969 VW Beetle. In theory, it was ocean blue. It was actually as much rust as it was blue.

According to both her & my dad, if I could learn to drive it, I could drive damn near anything.
                "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. "
                -- Dennis, Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Comment

'92 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Got sideswiped by an Expedition 3 months after I got my liscense and that was all she wrote.

Comment

Pontiac Fiero. Paid $700 dollars. It almost made it home. I immediately had it towed back where the asshole who sold it to me only gave me $350 back.
                    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Green 1980 Dodge Omni hatchback, in 1986. It was garishly ugly and not a vehicle to pick up girls in. It was a hand-me-down from my mom. I had it for 8 months or so and then upgraded to a 1984 Dodge Charger Shelby, blue with a silver stripe down the middle on top. That had a little bit of style to it, but I ragged that car out big-time. I drove the hell out of it. It was a 5 speed and I kept the RPMs high most of the time. I racked up 20,000 miles a year on it, a lot of it cruising the Hardee's 500 (the main drag in Mexico Missouri, from Hardee's East to Hardee's West) drinking and chasing the girlies with my buddies.

Those were the days...
                      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

'81 Toyota Corolla station wagon...bought in '94 for about $900...it was silver-ish, I spray painted all of the accents gold, and reupholstered the inside in zebra-striped fur...I could go on for pages with all of the mechanical turmoil in that car's lifetime...
                        . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                        -mike
                        mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

I currently have a white 1996 Toyota Camry.

Comment

1970 Volkswagen Beetle.

Mr. G

Comment

Nissan Pulsar
                              Are you on the list?

Comment

Working...
                              X