Will there be a draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Feb 25 2004, 05:49 PM
    Clinton was on a Rhode Scholarship but still ended up having to dodge the draft, so I'm not real sure on it...
    No, he didn't. Bill Clinton was never drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523+Feb 26 2004, 02:33 AM-->
      QUOTE(kah2523 @ Feb 26 2004, 02:33 AM)

Draft dodging pussies
      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I told all my friends almost 11 years ago as most of us were turning 18 that they should at least go in for a couple years so they wouldn't get drafted later on. None listened. So now a lot of them are 29 years old with families and face the possibility of a draft. I would have went no matter what, but a lot of them are going to be dreading this if it happens. We shall see.
        "They misunderestimated me."
        Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
        -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by matt75@Feb 26 2004, 11:30 AM
          I told all my friends almost 11 years ago as most of us were turning 18 that they should at least go in for a couple years so they wouldn't get drafted later on. None listened. So now a lot of them are 29 years old with families and face the possibility of a draft. I would have went no matter what, but a lot of them are going to be dreading this if it happens. We shall see.
          uh, Matt..29 year olds aren't going to get drafted unless it's WW3 with the aliens..
          The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb+Feb 26 2004, 11:31 AM-->
            QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Feb 26 2004, 11:31 AM)

Is this crazy draft talk the Latte left's rallying call?
            Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Feb 26 2004, 11:39 AM
              Is this crazy draft talk the Latte left's rallying call?
              "The Latte Left"? That's pretty good. I've been using PJ O'Rourke's terms, "Birkenstock Bolsheviks" and "Mastercard Marxists".

And yes, it is their scare tactic now. They surely know that no draft bill could get past Congress. I don't see Hillary Rodham Dorkus authoring any bills, just shooting off her mouth about the need for a "discussion".

Comment

Working...
              X