Clear All

• Clement no-hitting NY through 6

NOONIN!

Why do the Mets suck so bad?
    Of course you do.

Mission Accommplished.

HR by Karim Garcia.

You're welcome.

More than anything, I was afraid that if Clement got the no-no he would start letting that thing on his chin grow out again for some superstitious reason. Man, that thing is nasty when he lets it go. Looks like a full grown hampster.
    Of course you do.

Comment

What's the score and is Leiter still pitching?
      Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD@Apr 25 2004, 03:16 PM
        What's the score and is Leiter still pitching?
        3-1 Cubs.

I think Leiter is out of the game.

Comment

Lieter was pinch hit fo in the top of the 6th, I believe.

Score is 3-1 Cubs.

Another hit by Valent for the Mets.

1 out and one on.
          Of course you do.

Comment

By the way: You guys didn't need to jinx it, Chip and Steve did a fine job of that themselves.....

Comment

I'm sure. I haven't been listening that closely, but I'm sure it was the first thing that came out of Chip's mouth as soon as there was a second of silence and he couldn't think of anything else to jabber on about.
              Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShortHop@Apr 25 2004, 03:21 PM
                I'm sure. I haven't been listening that closely, but I'm sure it was the first thing that came out of Chip's mouth as soon as there was a second of silence and he couldn't think of anything else to jabber on about.
                Well, Chip had been saying "He hasn't allowed a hit" throughout most of the game, but Stone was first to utter those two accursed words.

The amazing thing is that the wind is howling out today (25+ MPH), but the scores are relatively low.

Comment

Surprising - I would think Stoney would have been the one to hold back. I didn't think Garcia's HR was going to get out - wind must have gotten that one, like you mentioned.

By the way, I just remebered that is the first HR Clement has given up all year. He must really be keeping the ball down. I guess if he does that it doesn't really matter about the wind.
                  Of course you do.

Comment

Working...
                  X