No announcement yet.

Post Office Stops Sponsoring Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is odd - Armstrong is a true phenom.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Apr 24 2004, 10:03 AM
      That is odd - Armstrong is a true phenom.
      Yes, but notice that they will not end the sponsorship until after this year's Tour de France. Cynical?

Comment

Originally posted by King in KC+Apr 24 2004, 10:05 AM-->
        QUOTE (King in KC @ Apr 24 2004, 10:05 AM)

Originally posted by pgrote+Apr 24 2004, 10:08 AM-->
        QUOTE (pgrote @ Apr 24 2004, 10:08 AM)
        Originally posted by King in [email protected] 24 2004, 10:05 AM

that's fine. Let him be sponsored by the Tuesday Night Music Club.
        Are you on the list?

Comment

50% he gets picked up by UPS or FedEx and just spites the hell of the stupid Post Office.

How do you announce you're leaving Lance Armstrong? Pretty classless.
          The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Apr 24 2004, 02:22 PM
            50% he gets picked up by UPS or FedEx and just spites the hell of the stupid Post Office.

Especially since, IMO, he is the best athlete in the world.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I personally think that Armstrong will retire after this year, so its not that big of a deal....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

on another note though, lance will now be the only living person to ever grace a Texas license plate. i actually want one when i get another car, they're pretty neat looking

hope the link works, the pic isn't in color, but it gives one an idea..http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/news/l.../8502029.htm?1c

Comment

You gotta register to read the story.

Comment

it must know you're not from texas, it lets me.

Posted on Fri, Apr. 23, 2004

STAR-TELEGRAM/JILL JOHNSON
                    The new Share the Road Y'all specialty plate has an image of five-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong, a Texan.

Armstrong license plate to promote bicycle safety

By Leila Fadel

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

FORT WORTH - A specialty license plate promoting bicycle safety and encouraging drivers to make room for cyclists was released in Fort Worth on Thursday.

On the plate, five-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong rides to victory in front of a Texas flag.

On the bottom, the plate reads: "Share the Road Y'all."

"It's so Texan," said Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector Betsy Price, whose office handles license plate sales.

The Share the Road Y'all plate, released by the state Department of Transportation, costs $30 annually, $22 of which will go to the Texas Education Agency to promote bicyclist safety, education and awareness programs.

Armstrong, who was born and raised in Plano, is the first person to have his image imprinted on a Texas license plate. More than 100 specialty plates have been released since 1965, Price said.

"He's a Texan and someone we all need to be proud of," Price said."He's the premier cyclist in the world right now."

The Moritz cycling team in blue and white jerseys and officers from the Fort Worth Bike Patrol helped present the first plate Thursday.

Urbin McKeever, a member of the Bike Patrol Citizen's Support Group, purchased the first plate and put it on his black Acura.

Rick Whyte, an onlooker, had heard rumors that Lance Armstrong would make an appearance. He was disappointed, but he whipped out his checkbook and wrote a check for the second plate.

"This will never go on my car," he said. "It'll be framed and be a part of my Armstrong memorabilia."

For Art Exum, the plate is more than an ornament to jazz up a car or add to a collection. The cyclist was hit by a car more than two years ago. He said he knows cyclists who have died after being hit.

"We need anything we can get to raise awareness to get the message to people in cars that people on bikes have a right to some space on the road," he said.

To apply for a specialty license plate

Call the Tarrant County tax assessor-collector's office at (817) 884-1100 or the state Transportation Department at (512) 465-7611.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Leila Fadel, (817) 548-5411 [email protected]
                    ONLINE: www.dot.state.tx.us/vtr/ spplates/allplates.htm

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Apr 24 2004, 02:22 PM

The USPS wanted a guy with "more balls." :o

Comment

• Working...
                        X