GDT: (W) Pond Scum (24-15)Mr. Mrs Jose Lima Vs. Cards (25-15) Jason Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: (W) Pond Scum (24-15)Mr. Mrs Jose Lima Vs. Cards (25-15) Jason Marquis

Can't belive this has not been started yet, if it has Mods please lock er up.

Marquis out to win series for Cardinals
    05/18/2006 1:06 AM ET
    By Conor Nicholl / MLB.com

Coming off a win for the first time in five starts, Jason Marquis pitches against the New York team he didn't root for while growing up in the Big Apple.

"I was a Yankee fan," he said. "You always picked one or the other growing up. Either you were a Yankee or a Mets fan, or an Islander or a Ranger fan."
    He has always pitched well against the second New York team, compiling a 3-1 record and 2.96 ERA since 2003.
    Marquis will face the Mets and Jose Lima to complete a three-game series at Busch Stadium. The last time "Lima Time" made an appearance against the Cardinals lineup, he pitched a shutout for the Dodgers in Game 3 of the 2004 Division Series.
    This year, Lima is coming off of two starts where he allowed 10 earned runs in 9 2/3 innings.
    Pitching matchup
    NYM: RHP Jose Lima (0-2, 9.31 ERA)
    This will be Lima's first appearance against the Cardinals since May 21, 2005, when he was with the Royals. He allowed three runs (two earned) on three hits in five innings, but took a no-decision in the Cardinals' 6-5 win.
    STL: RHP Jason Marquis (4-2, 4.27 ERA)
    Marquis' best pitch is a fastball that he can spot on both sides of the plate. He accomplished that in his last start, throwing his best for the first time in more than a month. The right-hander allowed one run in seven innings against Arizona.
    Player to Watch
    Albert Pujols is on an 0-for-13 skid, but he could break out of it against Lima. Pujols holds a .375 (6-for-16) average with a homer against the right-hander.
    On the Internet
    MLB.TV
    Gameday Audio
    Gameday
    Official game notes
    On television
    • Fox Sports Midwest
    On radio
    • KTRS 550 AM (Español) Up next
    • Friday: Cardinals (RHP Chris Carpenter, 3-2, 2.21 ERA) at Royals (RHP Denny Bautista, 0-1, 4.50 ERA), 7:10 p.m. CT
    • Saturday: Cardinals (RHP Anthony Reyes, 1-1, 2.70 ERA in 2005) at Royals (LHP Mark Redman, 0-3, 6.03 ERA), 7:10 p.m. CT
    • Sunday: Cardinals (RHP Jeff Suppan, 4-3, 4.70 ERA) at Royals (RHP Scott Elarton, 0-4, 4.38 ERA), 1:10 p.m. CT

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Cardinals vs. Mets GDT (Marquis vs. Limatime), 12:10 CDT

We owe that cocksucker some payback from Game 3 of the 2004 NLDS. We also need a pic of Mrs. Lima.

Go Cards!

Comment

In!!!

Comment

HEY!!!!! lol

Comment

i won by 5 or so min!!!

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Marquis can follow his last performance with another good one.

See you all there!
            The Redman

Sponsorship Available
            Official Sponsor of Rafael Furcal

Comment

so will this go as my start or are fish and I getting a share

Comment

Lima vs. Marquis?

I'll take the over.
                "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke
                  so will this go as my start or are fish and I getting a share
                  do you not see who has the first post in the thread or do you need spellcheck to figure that out?
                  Sponsor of:
                  Brian Elliott
                  Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                  5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy
                    do you not see who has the first post in the thread or do you need spellcheck to figure that out?
                    the threads were merged assrockinsinyourbackyard!! didn't know how it worked

Comment

If they don't win today I'm blaming you, bitch.

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                      Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                      Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933
                        If they don't win today I'm blaming you, bitch.
                        so will everyone else, but if we win i get Jason's next game!!!

Comment

Today is the reason why I vBet against the Cardinals winning the series.

I trust Marquis to beat the Mets about as much as I don't want a drink right now.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

GDT etiquette dictates that one never insult the opposing pitcher/team in the initiation of their GDT, no matter how much of a douche they happen to be.

Unfortunately, doing so has yielded horrendous results in the past.

(P.S. Intense mockery of the Cubs is the exception to this rule, of course.)

That said, here's to continuing our string of series' wins.
                            Last edited by slow groove; 05-18-2006, 10:29 AM.
                            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

I thought Lima was playing back on the island. He's so bad, the Royals didn't want him back.

Comment

Working...
                              X