Kitchen Multi-Year Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Multi-Year Deal?

I just realized he's not the interim coach, but they signed him to a multi-year deal. What the hell is up with that?

Don't these jackoffs realize they need to go new?

Originally posted by pgrote@Feb 25 2004, 09:24 AM
    I just realized he's not the interim coach, but they signed him to a multi-year deal. What the hell is up with that?

They obviously don't realize shit. I'm so done with the Blues.

Comment

You bunch of worriers. Everything is fine. There is no need to worry.
      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

They probably appointed him in the belief they won't be playing next year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Feb 25 2004, 09:26 AM
          You bunch of worriers. Everything is fine. There is no need to worry.
          Right, no need to worry that the Blues will be anything but a subpar team for years to come. Happy, Happy...Joy, Joy.

Comment

I bet he doesn't fulfill his term as head coach before he's let go. Laurie giveth, Laurie taketh away!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy@Feb 25 2004, 09:26 AM
              They probably appointed him in the belief they won't be playing next year anyway.
              But a multi-year deal?

Comment

Maybe they think it'll last more than one season? Of course it is more likely they are just dolts.

Comment

In today's professional sports world, signing an inexperienced head coach to a long-term deal is kind-of like buying an extended warranty on a disposable camera.

You are just paying extra for something that you have every intention of using, then discarding anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Jenkins@Feb 25 2004, 10:02 AM
                    In today's professional sports world, signing an inexperienced head coach to a long-term deal is kind-of like buying an extended warranty on a disposable camera.

You are just paying extra for something that you have every intention of using, then discarding anyway.
                    Coach Q had zero head coaching experience when the Blues signed im to a long term deal.

Comment

The multi-year deal is a mistake in my book. They should've at least waited to see how this season played out with Kitchen as Interim. Then again they should've fired Pleau too, but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Feb 25 2004, 10:15 AM
                        The multi-year deal is a mistake in my book. They should've at least waited to see how this season played out with Kitchen as Interim. Then again they should've fired Pleau too, but oh well.
                        This is pure speculation on my part but i think they gave him the multiyear deal because they want him to have the power in the lockerroom and putting the interim label on him would undercut his authority somewhat. I think they went with Kitchen because he can be a taksmaster and take it to the guys and hold them accountable and if he's there on an interim basis it undercuts his ability to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by kicksave@Feb 25 2004, 10:08 AM

Coach Q had zero head coaching experience when the Blues signed im to a long term deal.
                          Completely the anomoly too.

How many NHL head coaches have had their present job for three years?

More power to the Blues, if they really feel this is the guy that will be around for years to come.

It just doesn't happen too often in today's NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Feb 25 2004, 09:24 AM

Yep, that was the surprise of the night last night.

And this guy essentially said he's not going to change that much, that he's worked with Joel a long time, etc.

Whatever. It's classic Pleau.
                            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Its the Blues...nothing should shock anyone anymore...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                              X