Hypothetical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical Question

This is for discussion purposes and is not intended to start a pissing match between ITF and the KAK.

I was thinking today while cutting the grass. . .

Let's assume that Marquis continues to improve thoughout this year.

If you ask me, he already looks pretty good.

Who get's the credit?

Jocketty for trading an over-rated player, who is injured more times than not, and his albatross of a contact for two possible up and coming Blue Chip pitchers (Marquis and Wainswright). Let's not forget that Marrero, who is batting a whopping .105, received a pretty hefty raise from Schuerholz-if Jocketty would have given him that contract, we'd be up in ams.

Or does Duncan get the credit due to the fact that he was able to get through to Marquis (unlike Mazzone).

What do you guys think?
    Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Apr 23 2004, 03:38 PM
    This is for discussion purposes and is not intended to start a pissing match between ITF and the KAK.

I was thinking you made a gross miscalculation in not mentioning the AF, F

you're on my list

(Jocketty gets the credit, already because it was an awesome trade...it was EVEN if JD goes 40/40 this year)
    Are you on the list?

Comment

I think they both deserve credit.
      OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF RICK ANKIEL AND TRAVIS FISHER

\'user

Comment

Originally posted by no1cardfan@Apr 23 2004, 03:41 PM
        I think they both deserve credit.
        True and I agree.

But, the knock on Jocketty, and I can agree with this, is the fact that he is not able to recognize and acquire young talent.

The knock on Duncan/La Russa is the fact that they are shitty with young pitchers-and I can also agree with this.

I was just curious to hear what people thought.
        Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Apr 23 2004, 03:45 PM
          But, the knock on Jocketty, and I can agree with this, is the fact that he is not able to recognize and acquire young talent.

What are you talking about? Are Marquis and Wainwright Young and talented enough for you?
          OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF RICK ANKIEL AND TRAVIS FISHER

\'user

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE+Apr 23 2004, 03:41 PM-->
            QUOTE (SLUBLUE @ Apr 23 2004, 03:41 PM)

Wainwright/Marquis....not young enough......do you need a sabremetrician to start looking at wombs?
            Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by no1cardfan+Apr 23 2004, 03:47 PM-->
              QUOTE (no1cardfan @ Apr 23 2004, 03:47 PM)

Originally posted by ScottStevens+Apr 23 2004, 03:48 PM-->
              QUOTE (ScottStevens @ Apr 23 2004, 03:48 PM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2004, 03:47 PM

Both - Jocketty for the trade to acquire him and Dunc for helping evolve from thrower to 'pitcher'.

Let's wait and see. Dumping Drew was the totally right thing to do though.
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I liked this trade from day one. I have mostly been thinking of Jocketty getting kudos.

But then one must consider that I don't like duncan at all. He scares me. And I think he's mean.

I think my favorite trade has always been the Kile trade. I was so psyched when that happened. I just knew Kile would really work out here.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

no1......chill......scott never said that he believes jocketty can't evaluate young talent, or that duncan can develop young pitchers. he just stated that that's the rep each has, and it's true.
                  Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

• Working...
                    X