I was researching this today grote and found a bit different take

Comment

I just did an informal poll.

Grote sucks at fantasy baseball
      Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin@Apr 23 2004, 11:59 AM
        I was researching this today grote and found a bit different take
        Except one is based on actual numbers while the other is a supposition.
        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

What do you mean by that?

Comment

Andy ... I read the article and that addressed reserves and their best guess at what would happen. I think the one I posted was for active duty military and had actual numbers. Right?

Comment

Recent internal and external surveys tell of a broad concern that the Army faces potential challenges in retaining Soldiers when their enlistments are up
              supposition

Comment

As of March 31 — halfway through the Army's fiscal year — 28,406 soldiers had signed on for another tour of duty, topping the six-month goal of 28,377.
                fact

Comment

I think it addresses both. The Army article has the following section:

"A recent poll by The Washington Post, the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation and Harvard University of 1,053 spouses of active-duty Soldiers found a majority believe the Army is heading for a major problem with retention.

Of those spouses who have loved ones deployed, 38 percent said they don’t believe their spouses will re-enlist when the time comes, while 35 percent said they are certain they will stay in the Army.

Army officials aren’t surprised by the results of the Post/Kaiser/Harvard survey.

“There was no blinding flash, it didn’t tell us anything new,’’ said Maj. Kevin Napier, chief of enlisted professional development, adding that much of the information is similar to what internal surveys have found.

Comment

I see what you're saying. All I can talk to is the numbers in the results portion of the article I posted concerning active duty people right now.

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin@Apr 23 2004, 12:12 PM
                      I think it addresses both. The Army article has the following section:

"A recent poll by The Washington Post, the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation and Harvard University of 1,053 spouses of active-duty Soldiers found a majority believe the Army is heading for a major problem with retention

Of those spouses who have loved ones deployed, 38 percent said they don’t believe their spouses will re-enlist when the time comes, while 35 percent said they are certain they will stay in the Army.

Army officials aren’t surprised by the results of the Post/Kaiser/Harvard survey.

“There was no blinding flash, it didn’t tell us anything new,’’ said Maj. Kevin Napier, chief of enlisted professional development, adding that much of the information is similar to what internal surveys have found.
                      n/m

Comment

Lazy, I'm not taking sides. I was researching it today and posted it.

It's from the Army's own site, you know...

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin@Apr 23 2004, 12:14 PM
                          Lazy, I'm not taking sides. I was researching it today and posted it.

Neither am I.

I thought you asked why one was fact and one was supposition.

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin@Apr 23 2004, 01:14 PM
                            Andy ... I think Lazy is drawing the distinction that an article posted in the beginning of April was about what they thought might happen vs. an article posted today that talks about what has happened.

I think you need to understand/admit that difference and look at how it affects the article you posted, right?

Frankly, I am shocked the numbers are as high as they are.

Comment

The problem will be with the Guard and Reserves, IMO. Regular Army Soldiers fully understood the commitment. Not sure the same can be said for those serving in the Guard and Reserve, as the DoD has placed a very heavy burden on those folks and their families.

Moe
                              The Dude abides.

Comment

Working...
                              X