Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has Reggie Sanders Bounced Around So Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has Reggie Sanders Bounced Around So Much?

This is his 7th team in 7 years.Over the last 7 years he has averaged 22 HRs and 69 RBIs, numbers that are skewed a little bit from a poor 2000 season with Atlanta when he only hit 11 HRs and 37 RBI in 103 games. He isn't the greatest outfielder and doesn't have the best arm, but this guy hustles his ass off and by all accounts is a great teammate.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why he has moved around so much?
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

He has passed up two opportunities to sign multi-year contracts.

D-Backs offered him a 3 year, but he turned it down.

Glad he landed hear. Seems like a great guy and hustles his arse off.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

His hustling play to beat the throw at first last night was one of the major reasons the Cards won. The Astros chucking the ball into 2nd helped too, but if Sanders is dogging it down the line, the Cardinals don't even get a chance for the squeeze.

Comment

He's been on a quest for that right manager.
        Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by justwundrin@Apr 23 2004, 10:10 AM
          He's been on a quest for that right manager.
          So then we should expect him to retire at the All Star Break then huh?

folks....

Comment

The better question might be why are we 16 games into the season and Reggie is Sponsor-less?

Someone has to step up and snag this guy.

Ah well.
            Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I thought someone had him? If not, I'll step up since my man Mark Quinn didn't get a fair shot.

I'm pretty sure someone has him though.

Comment

Its an inside clique joke.

Don't worry about it.
                When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Apr 23 2004, 11:13 AM
                  The better question might be why are we 16 games into the season and Reggie is Sponsor-less?

Someone has to step up and snag this guy.

Ah well.
                  We need to stop bickering about all this faction vs nonfaction and step up and sponsor this guy.
                  RIP Stan the Man
                  The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                  I miss TLR!

Comment

Originally posted by jhuegy+Apr 23 2004, 11:28 AM-->
                    QUOTE (jhuegy @ Apr 23 2004, 11:28 AM)

Originally posted by JackSparrow+Apr 23 2004, 11:31 AM-->
                    QUOTE (JackSparrow @ Apr 23 2004, 11:31 AM)
                    Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2004, 11:28 AM

I argued and argued about getting this guy last year when Pittsburgh was conducting their Chicago Cubs pipeline yard sale. A couple of buddies continuously shot me down, telling me I was crazy. And when we finally obtained him, I jumped for joy, and those same friends lamented the acquisition.

Needless to say, I'm even happier we obtained him given his early production.

Then again, I also lobbied hard and was ecstatic the Blues obtained Osgood.
                    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Working...
                      X