Carpenter v. Kinney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpenter v. Kinney

The team continues it's road trip. Looks like La Russa's "party on the road" idea is working.

Rebuilt Chris Carpenter takes on Matt Kinney, whose only decent game thus far, apparently, has been against your St. Louis Cardinals. I see that this is the guy who gave up 660 to Bonds. Matt "Trivia" Kinney.

The Cards flogged the Brewers last year, then started out the season with an embarrassing performance against this team. But it is certainly a different looking team than last year.

I'm thinking Carpenter pitches well tonight, and El Birdos take another one, 7-3.

Unless Turd Ferguson disagrees with me. Then I might have to change my mind.
    I'm always right.

I am with Turd.

I am for Turd.

I am in favor of Turd.

Whatever he says, goes.

I say we drop 2 of 3.

That might be edited pending PoS's post/prediction
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Apr 23 2004, 10:31 AM
      The team continues it's road trip. Looks like La Russa's "party on the road" idea is working.

Rebuilt Chris Carpenter takes on Matt Kinney, whose only decent game thus far, apparently, has been against your St. Louis Cardinals. I see that this is the guy who gave up 660 to Bonds. Matt "Trivia" Kinney.

The Cards flogged the Brewers last year, then started out the season with an embarrassing performance against this team. But it is certainly a different looking team than last year.

I'm thinking Carpenter pitches well tonight, and El Birdos take another one, 7-3.

Unless Turd Ferguson disagrees with me. Then I might have to change my mind.
      You should really start running these things by me beforehand, but since I agree with all that you have written, I will not ask for any punishment to be imposed this time.

You should probably add something about Carpenter’s arm not falling off, something about the defense, and mention Cody (people love that moron).
      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Oh, we take two of three.

Comment

Yes, I see that I've forgotten to mention a few things.

1. Carpenter's arm will not fall off. Neither of them.

2. The defense will.....um......well, frankly, the defense has been relatively poor so far, overall, so the less said about this, the better.

3. Cody McKay will take in another ballgame with his father. And isn't that what baseball is about? Fathers and sons, "having" a catch (God, I hate that stupid Field of Dreams movie), Dad teaching Son how to field a ground ball. It's really heartwarming.

It's not Heaven--it's Milwaukee.
          I'm always right.

Comment

Great spin on the McKay family baseball team. The father/son angle. Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 23 2004, 10:49 AM
              Great spin on the McKay family baseball team. The father/son angle. Brilliant.
              Wait...

So you're telling me that Cody McKay is related to Dave? I hadn't made that connection.

I knew that Colin Porter is Darrell's son, Roger Cedeno is Cesar's son, Bo Hart is Jim's son, Marlon Anderson is Sparky's son, Woody Williams is "No Neck's" son and Ray King is Don's son, but I had no idea about Cody/Dave McKay.

Thanks for the info...

Comment

Now, thats funny.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                -Barry Goldwater

Comment

I hear there are a bunch of Alous roaming the league too. You heard it hear first.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan_Papi+Apr 23 2004, 10:08 AM-->
                    QUOTE (Stan_Papi @ Apr 23 2004, 10:08 AM)

you're lying abour porter, i know it!
                    Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Apr 23 2004, 11:21 AM
                      Nepotism abounds!!

Let's not forget that Tino Martinez was his father's son. But given your apologist nature, I'm not surprised you omitted that one.

That's because the decision was made that first base has become a "meritocracy zone", hence the need to dispose of Martinez and Perez.

Stan, haven't seen too much of you here--you must have been focusing all of your powers on sweeping the Astros. Keep up the good work.
                      Believe it or not, I've actually been fairly busy at work lately. And of course, God forbid that I post here on my own time...

But I'll happily take credit for the sweep - I had predicted it of course, but I may have been too busy to actually post it here...

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Apr 23 2004, 11:32 AM
                        you're lying abour porter, i know it!
                        Who, me?

Just be glad I didn't start including our minor leaguers like Nolan's son, Jason Ryan...

Comment

I have the same gut-wrenching feeling I had when "Married With Children" was unceremoniously cancelled.

I'm afraid of this series. Somebody, anybody talk me down.
                          "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Stan_Papi@Apr 23 2004, 11:08 AM
                            Ray King is Don's son
                            Now that you mention it...

Personally, I think he takes after his uncles, too:

BB...

ML...

But he looks nothing like his uncle from Reggie's side of the family,
                            King Henry...

(original metro)

And that's the gospel from...

Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

• Working...
                              X