What a sweep.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

I'm drunk

What a ball game.

Both of them!
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Yes it was a great game.............

And I was much more encouraged about this win than that blowout last night..............Close game.........Good execution.........Good pitching............

But I will get one shot in.........Marlon in LF again late in the game............Even Danny Boy and Al were quizzing that one...............Is there something wrong with Taguchi..............????
      AKA reddevil
      AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by davel@Apr 22 2004, 10:11 PM
        Is there something wrong with Taguchi..............????
        Nothing, other than the fact that he wasn't in the ballgame anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523+Apr 22 2004, 10:13 PM-->
          QUOTE (kah2523 @ Apr 22 2004, 10:13 PM)

DVY6

what job do you want in the AF, F

I see you as my first disciple. Upon this maniac, I will build my cult.

Seriously.....the paladin? Emperor? we have 11 jobs in the board of the council of nine, and they all hate hrabosky
          Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Apr 22 2004, 11:13 PM
            DVY6

what job do you want in the AF, F

I see you as my first disciple. Upon this maniac, I will build my cult.

Seriously.....the paladin? Emperor? we have 11 jobs in the board of the council of nine, and they all hate hrabosky
            Could it be something with "el" in it? Like "el duque" or "el presidente" or "el douchebag" ?
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

That squeeze bunt was sweet.

It's awesome to be watching on TV and hear "SQUEEEEZE"
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Good thing Tavaraz came through. He did look nervous though.

And ol hungo was on his knees kissin larussas ass about the move.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Apr 22 2004, 11:23 PM
                  That squeeze bunt was sweet.

It's awesome to be watching on TV and hear "SQUEEEEZE"
                  We had a chance to pull off the exact same squeeze play.....one inning earlier.

And, if it had worked, we would have had Izzy in the bottom of that inning.

But, we won the game.

Comment

I don't know what to make of the Cardinals. Look awful against Milwaukee, dominate Arizona, get destroyed by Houston at home, play quite well against Coloradon, sweep Houston on the road.

Up and down has been the story of the year so far. Here's hoping they can exact some revenge on the Brewers. It would be nice to get out to an overall good April/May for the first time since 2000.

Right now, I think the best sign of the opening couple weeks has been the generally solid performances from Morris and Marquis. I was very impressed with Marquis tonight.

Should've been pulled a tad earlier though.

Comment

Among the reasons I don't like LaRussa---he won't use the Squeeze play---he uses pitchers like Eldred who repeatedly can't get the job done, and leaves them in too long---He carries 12 pitchers and runs out of bench players---he thinks the only way to use Izzy is to get the last three outs in a save situation---man, did LaRussa make some progress tonight, or what? Still pissed about moving Rolen out of cleanup when he had 23 rbi. Edmonds is forever causing Pujolz to not get much to hit---the two righties in a row with Pujolz and Rolen means the chances are that a fatal mistake will be made to one of them, as opposed to pitching around Pujolz and focusing on Edmonds.
                      v

Comment

LaRussa finally realized in the 12th that the only way he could win was with the squeeze play, the way our offense was going that game. I was surprised that he didnt go for it an inning earlier.

Comment

It was a glorious evening for the anti-faction, faction.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

>>Should've been pulled a tad earlier though.<<

Dev,

He will never learn.

His decisions on starters depend more on how much confidence he wishes to show than the actual game situation.

It's all about him.
                            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

• Working...
                              X