Cable or Dish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable or Dish?

Just curious to see what everyone here has. I currently have Charter cable, and I pay out the nose for it, but I really don't want to switch to the Dish, because I would lose my cable modem connection.
    Cable (Charter)
    0%
    DirectTV Satellite
    0%
    Other Satellite
    0%
    None of the Ab
    0%
    Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Colorado.
    Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of The Soprano's.

I didn't lose my cable modem.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

DirecTV.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 22 2004, 04:32 PM
        I didn't lose my cable modem.
        how didn't you lose your cable modem? i've tried to, and they tell me that i have to have the cable tv to have cable internet (which is bullshit; you don't HAVE to, but that's what they're telling people).
        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE+Apr 22 2004, 03:39 PM-->
          QUOTE (bigJOE @ Apr 22 2004, 03:39 PM)

Originally posted by bigJOE+Apr 22 2004, 04:39 PM-->
          QUOTE (bigJOE @ Apr 22 2004, 04:39 PM)

I have both, because my area doesn't get local channels on satellite, thus I need basic cable to supplement.

Comment

Isn't there a dish service offering HD programming (for like $999 to install)?

Comment

DirectTV. I have had it just over a year and love it.
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott
              Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
              5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Is that about right on the pricing?

Comment

turd and chazz.........really? i've called a couple of times to try it, and they say they'll turn the cable modem off if i cancel TV. i asked when they started doing that, b/c it wasn't always like that, and then they blow some crap like "well, it's always been like that as far as i know." i mainly wanted to switch b/c there are some cheap satellite services for under $30. i think charter just came out with something under 30 for their top 70 channels. something like that.

i've never had problems with cable, so i like cable a lot more than satellite. don't have to worry about gawdy equipment hanging all over my house, and don't have to worry about it cutting out during storms.
                  Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by BW23@Apr 22 2004, 03:44 PM
                    Isn't there a dish service offering HD programming (for like $999 to install)?
                    Yeah. Dish Network. It comes with a dish, installation, hd programming (obviously not for all channels, but for like 20 i think), and an hd tv.
                    OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF RICK ANKIEL AND TRAVIS FISHER

\'user

Comment

Charter's HD service is very inexpensive (like 10/month) from what i've heard.

As far as storms, i've heard people say they boost their signal somehow and rarely have problems with the dish.

Comment

Originally posted by no1cardfan+Apr 22 2004, 03:50 PM-->
                        QUOTE (no1cardfan @ Apr 22 2004, 03:50 PM)

DirecTV with every channel imaginable. Decreases productivity 58%

Comment

• Working...
                          X