Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train rail blast in N. Korea

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...th_explosion_dc

Note: The article says that two trains collided, so I'm not sure where the report of a blast came from.

wow
    Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Apr 22 2004, 09:24 AM
      The article says that two trains collided, so I'm not sure where the report of a blast came from.
      They were loaded with fuel of some type...thus, the blast.

Comment

Residents in Pyongyang said by telephone there was nothing unusual in the capital. North Korean television was broadcasting military songs and music -- standard evening fare.
        That is one fucked up country. Rather than seeking help, they're trying to cover it up.

We should all feel very sorry for the people of North Korea.
        Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by justwundrin@Apr 22 2004, 09:38 AM
          Residents in Pyongyang said by telephone there was nothing unusual in the capital. North Korean television was broadcasting military songs and music -- standard evening fare.
          That is one fucked up country. Rather than seeking help, they're trying to cover it up.

We should all feel very sorry for the people of North Korea.
          yes.
          Are you on the list?

Comment

Maybe we need to liberate those North Koreans
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Not that I'm suggesting it's too likely, but I wonder if this is real. The sources all appear to be from Chinese and South Korean intelligence, and it is certainly possible that the destruction is being overstated. It wouldn't be the first time that news stories from SE Asia reported disasters that never happened.

I think it probably did happen, but I wouldn't be too quick to assume it's as bad as the initial reports say.

Comment

I don't believe that country sits atop enough oil to make that worthwhile (for this administration.)

Now, maybe if Kim Il Jong began taking potshots at W's dad...
                Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by justwundrin@Apr 22 2004, 10:11 AM
                  I don't believe that country sits atop enough oil to make that worthwhile (for this administration.)

Now, maybe if Kim Il Jong began taking potshots at W's dad...
                  Yeah, oil isn't important to all of us. It only matters to Bush.

What kind of bike do you ride to work anyway? Is it a Schwin? (sp?)
                  "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Whats very interesting is that CNN just said this happened just a couple hours after their President passed through the same station.

Who was supposed to be watching the CIA today anyway?
                    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

You guys know that it's been many hours now and we still have no confirmation, right? Nobody but YTN has said anything, and the array of satellites we have that fly over the area daily (which had pictures of Chernobyl within two hours) have produced nothing.

While I don't want to make light of this kind of disaster, before contemplating whether it was an accident or an assassination attempt, let's first confirm it happened at all. I'll be very surprised if the death toll is anything like 3,000.

Comment

As predicted. Real death toll approximately 150, less than 1,000 injured. Still a major disaster, but YTN predictably blew it out of proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark@Apr 23 2004, 08:35 AM
                          As predicted. Real death toll approximately 150, less than 1,000 injured. Still a major disaster, but YTN predictably blew it out of proportion.
                          But death toll can go up as they go through the rubble.

I doubt it'll be 3000 but it does sound bad. BBC reported that many were living in squalor homes with plastic covering for roofs.

han solo

Comment

So now it was a train filled with explosives, not a collision ...
                            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Wonder if the "secritive North" was doing any weapons experiments?
                              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Working...
                              X