X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quenville?
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Can you imagine him getting a job that quickly?

Comment

Can you imagine him getting a job that quickly?
        You bet. Why he would want to go to the Rangers is another question entirely.

Moon

Comment

Quenneville's faults as a coach will just be amplified on a team like the Rangers.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

You never know.

It could be kindof like Joe Torre. Good manager with mid-level talent, but great manager when money is not an concern.

Might be a very interesting match.

Comment

Foreshadowing at it's finest! I should call my high school writing teacher and let her know about this!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

What a coincidence....

And as Quenneville takes the Rags job, will the Rags 'compensate' the Blues via a trade...hmmmmm

FORESHADOWIN!!!!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Jenkins@Feb 25 2004, 07:32 AM
                  You never know.

It could be kindof like Joe Torre. Good manager with mid-level talent, but great manager when money is not an concern.

Might be a very interesting match.
                  I disagree. The Blues had one of the highest payrolls in the league but Quenneville was better in the 1997-2000 years before they spiked the payroll. Quenneville was great at getting more out of mediocre crap like Atcheynum, Eastwood, Picard, McAlpine, Yake, and Pellerin than anyone else ever did, but he also had some colossal failings with Brett Hull, Pierre Turgeon, Doug Weight, Keith Tkachuk, and Pavol Demitra because he either didn't get along with them (Hull), didn't care for their style of play (Turgeon), couldn't incorporate them into his system effectively (Weight), or couldn't spark them to step up in the big games (Tkachuk and Demitra).

I think the Rangers are a complete mismatch for Quenneville. If he goes there, he'll fit right in--he'll be an expensive coach who, in that situation, won't live up to his billing.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar+Feb 25 2004, 11:06 AM-->
                    QUOTE(devaskar @ Feb 25 2004, 11:06 AM)

Originally posted by Possum Jenkins+Feb 25 2004, 11:33 AM-->
                    QUOTE(Possum Jenkins @ Feb 25 2004, 11:33 AM)
                    Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2004, 11:06 AM

Originally posted by Possum Jenkins+Feb 25 2004, 09:33 AM-->
                    QUOTE(Possum Jenkins @ Feb 25 2004, 09:33 AM)
                    Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2004, 11:06 AM

"We're talking about the Rangers. You can throw all the money you want at that team and they'll still suck."

I said, "money can be the great equalizer"

Can, :P You still hafta do the right things with it.

Comment

He will also bring something they have lacked:
                      a defensive system.

Comment

Tom Renney is named INTERIM coach (Hear that Pleau? INTERIM!!!)

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                        X