Cell phone providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell phone providers

I'm fed up with Verizon -- too many hardware failures (I'm on my 3rd LG4400 phone) -- so I'm looking to switch providers (if today's scheduled reaming doesn't go according to plan).

That said, who do you use, and do you like them? What is their coverage like? Are you satisfied with the service?
    Verizon
    0%
    Sprint PCS
    0%
    Cingular
    0%
    T-Mobile
    0%
    Nextel
    0%
    Ot
    0%

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

1st, your problem is the LG phone. It's a piece of shit. Buck up some jack and get a real phone.

I use ATT and while their service is excellent, their customer service reps are complete asscakes. In the past two months, I've seriously considered cancelling my contract with them and bucking up the 175/per line cancel fee. I have 3 lines with them, so I'm just waiting it out and hoping that Cingular makes them better.

Comment

I've had Sprint for about 4 years now and have had very few problems. I've had the same flip phone for over 2 years and it works as good as it did the first day. Every once in a while, I get a dropped call, but not very often. I just re-upped for 2 more years and added a second line for my wife for only $20 more.
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Apr 22 2004, 09:33 AM
        1st, your problem is the LG phone. It's a piece of shit. Buck up some jack and get a real phone.

I use ATT and while their service is excellent, their customer service reps are complete asscakes. In the past two months, I've seriously considered cancelling my contract with them and bucking up the 175/per line cancel fee. I have 3 lines with them, so I'm just waiting it out and hoping that Cingular makes them better.
        Me too Gonzo -

When will that merger take place.
        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Know what?

I used to hate cingular and then my phone broke. It was one of those old pos's ... nokia and didn't flip or anything like that. The screen wasn't even in color.

Well anyhoo, I got a new phone when the other one broke and I picked out a motorola kind. One of those slick silver ones that flips and has a color screen and also a racing game on it.

This phone works. And it works most of the time. Very few dropped calls and I can hear people talk to me on it and they can hear me too.

I think I was pissy about the phone and not cingular's service.

One thing though, I don't have text messaging thingy and so with the old one, my friends could text me but I couldn't text back. This one I don't get those text messages, but that's okay, if they want to slam the Cards (which usually the reason for them texting me) then they can call me to my face.

Guppy's is just like mine. Only his has text. And he knows how to turn his phone off and on again. I dont' really get that technical with mine you know.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Apr 22 2004, 08:33 AM

I saw a Cingular coverage map for the beginning of 05 -- it's literally 99% of the United States (with a few exceptions being parts of the Grand Canyon or desert areas. I was really impressed...

Verizon's customer service reps are dumb as a box of hair - and arrogant, too! I went in to the Verizon store and asked why I should stick with Verizon after all of the shit I've had to endure with the service and with the continued hardware failures, and especially now with number portability... the response I got was priceless: "You stick stick with Verizon because we're better than all the other providers. We have the largest network."

I laughed and walked out...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Steve,

If you stay with Verizon, these are the phones that I would consider getting.

Kyocera SE47

Samsung SCH-a530s

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala+Apr 22 2004, 08:35 AM-->
                QUOTE (Schwahalala @ Apr 22 2004, 08:35 AM)

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Apr 22 2004, 08:42 AM-->
                QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Apr 22 2004, 08:42 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2004, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Apr 22 2004, 08:37 AM-->
                QUOTE (steveInebriated @ Apr 22 2004, 08:37 AM)

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Apr 22 2004, 09:35 AM
                Know what?

I used to hate cingular and then my phone broke. It was one of those old pos's ... nokia and didn't flip or anything like that. The screen wasn't even in color.

Well anyhoo, I got a new phone when the other one broke and I picked out a motorola kind. One of those slick silver ones that flips and has a color screen and also a racing game on it.

This phone works. And it works most of the time. Very few dropped calls and I can hear people talk to me on it and they can hear me too.

I think I was pissy about the phone and not cingular's service.

One thing though, I don't have text messaging thingy and so with the old one, my friends could text me but I couldn't text back. This one I don't get those text messages, but that's okay, if they want to slam the Cards (which usually the reason for them texting me) then they can call me to my face.

Guppy's is just like mine. Only his has text. And he knows how to turn his phone off and on again. I dont' really get that technical with mine you know.
                If you have the same phone as I do (mine is a silver motorola with a racing game from Cingular), the text messaging is a must. It's much easier than it was with the old Nokias...predictive text is schweet.
                If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

I don't pay for it so I shouldn't complain.

I do, but I really shouldn't.
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Steve......i know you're phone sucks, but you haven't said anything about problems with the actual service. kyocera's are the best phones to use w/ verizon, b/c i believe they're made by qualcomm, who made the verizon network.
                    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Apr 22 2004, 09:09 AM
                      Steve......i know you're phone sucks, but you haven't said anything about problems with the actual service. kyocera's are the best phones to use w/ verizon, b/c i believe they're made by qualcomm, who made the verizon network.
                      You're not biased or anything are ya?

I agree, the Kyocera's, especially the non entry level ones are really good phones. IMO, though, Motorolla makes the best phones out there for any service. It looks like Verizon is only carrying one Moto phone right now.

ATT has two new MOTOs that are freaking killer.

Comment

where is the no phone option to vote on?
                        Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

• Working...
                          X