I hate SBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate SBC

I have had problems with my phoneline the last month or so. I get a ton of static and so I call them and let them know. They usually say they can't get anybody out to me for the next 2-3 days. By that time, the static is gone. So I call back and say whatever you did, it is fine now. So on April 9th the same thing happens and they can't send anybody till Monday the 12. I call back saying it is fine on Sunday but apparently the dude did not get the message and came to my apartment. He left a note saying he was here and the outside lines are fine. Then Monday I get a ton of static again but I did not call as it was fine a few hours later. Then yesterday I get it again and so I call. They say somebody can be there in the morning to look at the line from the inside since the outside was looked at last week. I am all for that so I get home at 730am from work today and wait for them to appear between 8am and noon. They never show up at all. But I get a phone call at noon saying the work was done. What work?!? They said they replaced the line outside. I said ok, fine. Two hours later--guess what?!?! STATIC again! I call them back saying that the person never showed up inside like they were supposed to do. They said they can get somebody here, but I said would they really come up to my place or not? They said they could get the person to come straight to my door instead of checking outside. I said that is what I wanted this morning in the first place. I talked with my apartment maint crew and they will check a few things tomorrow as well. And guess what--my line is fine now (for the moment).

I hate these games with SBC. They can kiss my ass.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Bitch and bitch and bitch.

That's what I've done the few times I've had DSL problems, and they've been pretty good about giving me credit.

I'd raise hell and tell them this has been a problem for a few months now, and you expect a very liberal credit. Give them a line about how it's interrupted stuff you do for work, etc.

Their service sucks, but I get the impression they give their frontline folks alot of leeway (within reason) when it comes to appeasing unhappy customers.

I signed on for the 49.95 initial DSL rate, and when my contract was up, called to get the 29.95 rate. They assured me it would be reflected on my next bill.

Well...it wasn't. I called them and started to bitch and the lady gave me a credit for more than what I should have gotten.
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

I could say I do work from home. But at a blazing 28.8bps I can't do a heck of a lot. I use work to dialup and connect to the net. High speed is not even available where I live. I guess I can say I do a lot of talking on the phone as well.

I just don't get how my line can be fine one moment and total crap the next. When I do call, I make sure they can hear how bad it is and act like I can't hear them well due to all the static.
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott

Comment

The phone is where you get the static, right? If you have to make calls pertinent to work...and you get static...it impedes your ability to work.
        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Yes it is the phone and my computer when I try to dialup.
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott

Comment

Bitch up a storm. That's my ultimate advice.

Do it on the phone, too (maybe they'll even her the static while you're talking to them) and demand a credit.

I'd start by telling them you should get a credit for at leats half your bill (maybe more) for each month you've had this problem.

Be sure to cite the fact that the idiot that came out never came INSIDE the residence.

Comment

SBC absolutely stinks. At least, in the experiences I've had with 'em.

When I got the new place, the phone was on the fritz. I could call out, but if anyone tried to call in, it would tell the person the number they were trying to reach had been disconnected.

To make an extremely long & frustrating story short, after 10 visits by technicians, 15 calls to SBC, filing a report with the PSC & raising 20,000 kinds of hell....and 3 months later...they fixed it by flicking a switch.

but I can't tell you how nightmarish this whole thing was. And the whole while, these people are trying to sell me things - not smart, given the fact they couldn't even get my basic service right.
              "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. "
              -- Dennis, Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Comment

Where do i begin with all the problems I've had with them?

Extremely high phone bills....

Different prices charged than actually quoted (for DSL)

This past months bill, I was charged $30 extra for my phone service, and nothing changed or was different from the previous month!

Needless to say, SBC is going to hear from me soon regarding all of this shit!

Comment

I HATE SBC...

I switched to Birch...cheaper, and better.

Re: Phone issues - I could probably write a few books with all my phone issues I have had. What is REALLY bad is you would think that working in the construction industry, it wouldn't be that big of a problem, but it's horrible. :(
                  Feb. 08, 2005
                  Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                  Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                  Originally posted by Airshark
                  NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Working...
                  X