Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Court asks for more info on Clarrett ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to say that this is getting tiresome, yet it is VERY important.

This could make or break the Rams draft class. They'lll take MC if he can come out. Althought if he cant, I guess they'll take another bum.

Whats lost in all this is that it is probably more important for Williams. He'll go higher and he NEEDS this.

It might make history for MC, but in reality its a bigger issue for the teams and league for Williams.
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Good points.

Is this something the court normally does?

I thought they could just say no.

Comment

What I find funny is that they compare basketball to football.

Comment

The court is likely just making it appear they are doing all they can to make it fair. They can ask for all the info they want. If they get it, and they like it (fat chance) they can reverse the decesion.

If they dont get it, they can reject it and claim they didnt have enough info or that they dont see the info as suffice.

This is typical in appeals cases. They want all the info that they can gather. The more they get, the more the appear justified in their deceision.

90% of the time, the court already has its mind up in which way it will go, regardless of the info they get after its asked for.

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Apr 21 2004, 01:34 PM
            I'd have to say that this is getting tiresome, yet it is VERY important.

This could make or break the Rams draft class. They'lll take MC if he can come out. Althought if he cant, I guess they'll take another bum.

Whats lost in all this is that it is probably more important for Williams. He'll go higher and he NEEDS this.

It might make history for MC, but in reality its a bigger issue for the teams and league for Williams.
            I don't know that the Rams will draft Clarett.

Some draft boards have him rated as the 69th best player to be taken in the second or third round.

After Phillips and Candidate, no way will Martz risk a first round draft choice on Clarett-at least let's hope not.
            Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

To say that Martz has learned his lesson would be giving him too much credit.

The reason I say the Rams take MC is because it makes no sense to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Apr 21 2004, 01:37 PM
                  Good points.

Is this something the court normally does?

I thought they could just say no.
                  The Supreme Court can refuse to hear the case.

Which is the reason that I am very surprised that Ginsberg has responded to Clarett's case in such a timely manner.

Think about it, we have all types of problems with this country as a whole and a Supreme Court Justice is hearing a case for a single person? Why is this the case?

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow@Apr 21 2004, 02:08 PM
                    To say that Martz has learned his lesson would be giving him too much credit.

The reason I say the Rams take MC is because it makes no sense to do so.
                    Good point, now I see what you mean. . .

The last first round draft choice that mounted to a hill of anything was Archuletta.

Sad but true.

-

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Apr 21 2004, 03:09 PM
                      Think about it, we have all types of problems with this country as a whole and a Supreme Court Justice is hearing a case for a single person? Why is this the case?
                      Its not about Clarett. It is, but it isnt. This is about a precedent. ITs about every college kid (or high school, too, i guess) that wants to take the leap to the NFL.

Its about MC because his name is linked to this and HE is the one that decided to step to the plate, but its more about the future of the game, the players, college and high school athletics.

It is on the level of flood and free agency. ITs not as much about them as it is about the big picture as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by JackSparrow+Apr 21 2004, 02:19 PM-->
                        QUOTE (JackSparrow @ Apr 21 2004, 02:19 PM)

Actually Mike Williams really may not be affected by this decision. For that matter, Clarett may not either. The NFL may have a supplemental draft and they could both participate in that. I know the money may not be the same for either of them, but they could still pursue their dream of playing in the NFL.
                        *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

grote,

Where do these players go from here if they are officially denied?

MC will go back to playing ps2 and watching dvds while toking the reefer with LeBron all day long all year long.

But can Williams go back to USC? Can he play again there? I would think so, since there is no rule of "declaring early", that shouldnt hurt his status. But I have heard some media say its going to be a dog fight to get back in.

I am unclear on what that all means.

Comment

• Working...
                            X