• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams sign Todd Steussie

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...8?OpenDocument

BY JIM THOMAS
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    04/14/2006

The Rams added another ingredient to their offensive depth chart, signing veteran tackle Todd Steussie to a free-agent contract. Contract details weren’t immediately available.
    Steussie, 35, is a veteran of 12 NFL seasons, spending his first seven years with Minnesota, followed by three in Carolina, and two in Tampa Bay.
    He is a two-time Pro Bowler (1997 and ’98) who has played 190 NFL regular-season games, including 164 starts.
    But he hasn’t been a full-time starter since 2003, and didn’t start in any of his 15 games last season for the Buccaneers, playing primarily on special teams.
    In St. Louis, Steussie will serve as the team’s third offensive tackle, backing up starters Orlando Pace and Alex Barron. He has started at both right and left tackle during his NFL career.
    Does he have anything left?
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

He's got a ton of false starts left in him.
    \'user\'user\'user
    Sponsor of Mee-Shay, Dante Culpepper & Marian Gaborik
    proud sponsor of ball-magnet

Comment

Originally posted by Biff Sticks
      He's got a ton of false starts left in him.
      Excellent...you can never get enough depth in the high-penalty positions...
      . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
      -mike
      mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

I like it.

He can't possibly be worse than Grant Williams and John St Clair.
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Or Rex Tucker for that matter.
          On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy
            Or Rex Tucker for that matter.
            Horrible as a tackle last season.
            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB
              Horrible as a tackle last season.
              I'm not convinced it's limited to last season.
              On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy
                I'm not convinced it's limited to last season.
                I thought he had played only at G before last year as a pro?

From what I saw...he's better off inside. Still not good though.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Appears he likes the juice -

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...2?OpenDocument
                  Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                  God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

special teams.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Overheard: "It's nice to get out of two-a-days. But what's really nice is when you finally get to the point where there's no night meetings and come dinner time, you get to go home and be with your family. That's when it's truly over." -- Steussie, on the conclusion of two-practice days in camp.

Still later in the quarter, Bulger lost a fumble on a sack by defensive end Tamba Hali, who got around left tackle Todd Steussie on the play.

Offensive line

Offensive linemen in camp: 15

Likely to make final roster: 9 or 10

Safe & sound: Alex Barron, Richie Incognito, Andy McCollum, Orlando Pace, Mark Setterstrom, Todd Steussie, Adam Timmerman.

On the bubble: Adam Haayer, Ben Noll, Blaine Saipaia, Claude Terrell, Larry Turner.

Probably not: Tony Palmer, Donovan Raiola, Drew Strojny.

Rosters must be trimmed to 75 players by Aug. 29, and to 53 players by Sept. 2.

Just heard Linehan on kfns---He has never failed a drug test. it is one of those things that will take care of itself.
                      v

Comment

Originally posted by TTB
                        I like it.

He can't possibly be worse than Grant Williams and John St Clair.
                        I have no idea who those two players are, but I guaranfuckingtee you that Todd "1st and 20" Steussie is worse.
                        But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Garvin
                          I have no idea who those two players are, but I guaranfuckingtee you that Todd "1st and 20" Steussie is worse.
                          St. Clair was with STL from 2002-04. He played for the Dolphins after that...

Comment

S-nice work fishing out the old thread looking for a bump because of new info.

The Mulder breakdown was solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala
                              Imagine that, an NFL player taking steroids. Who woulda thunk it?
                              *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Working...
                              X