Morris v. Redding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morris v. Redding

Morris has had his moments this year, and if I recall correctly, seems to pitch fairly well in that abomination of a ballpark in Houston (God, I hate that thing).

Astros start Tim Redding, who, judging from his stats from the first couple of games he's pitched, has had kind of a rough go of it. Let's hope it stays that way.

Good win last night. Any predictions for this evening?
    I'm always right.

Last night was the exact opposite of what the stats said.

Let's hope tonight isn't a repeat of last.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Houston wins.

Hopefully we dont have another game there with Morris like last year. Likely no Izzy tonight, so will TLR leve Mo in 9 inings and give up a walk off to Kent?

Who knows.

Stros win tonight.
      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I'll agree with whatever Kaiser predicts....
        If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Mo is so back and forth at times. I will choose to be a believer though and let him start for the Metros tonight.

I get scared of guys who have been roughed up a little like Redding cos I always think they will find their groove at a bad time....for us...against us.

These really are some of my favorite serieseses. you know, those with the Astros.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 21 2004, 11:08 AM
            I'll agree with whatever Kaiser predicts....
            Wise man.

I predict a decent outing from Morris, and a Cardinal victory. But the bullpen will provide a late inning thrill by giving up a run or two.

6-4 for the good guys.
            I'm always right.

Comment

so we won't see Simo tonight, right?

(sorry Slu)
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

If Morris messes up, maybe we should have a predicition contest on what his excuse will be.

* Mechanics
                * Too jazzed up about pitching vs. HOU
                * Pitched a CG recently
                * Concerned too much with pitching at Minute Maid
                * blah blah blah
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Apr 21 2004, 11:05 AM

Astros start Tim Redding, who, judging from his stats from the first couple of games he's pitched, has had kind of a rough go of it.

Good win last night. Any predictions for this evening?
                  And that's exactly what frightens me about Redding. With our luck he's likely to find his stuff against us tonite. For whatever reason, teams and individual players seem to find themselves when playing St. Louis teams.

However, I'm 1 game removed from yesterday's prediction of the Cards taking 2 of 3. I see a good guys win tonite...score 4-2 or duplicate 5-3 from last nite.

Game on ESPN, folks.
                  "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Apr 21 2004, 11:17 AM
                    If Morris messes up, maybe we should have a predicition contest on what his excuse will be.

* Pitched a CG recently
                    did I miss something?

When did Morris make a pitch to CardinalGirl?
                    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove+Apr 21 2004, 11:19 AM-->
                      QUOTE (slow groove @ Apr 21 2004, 11:19 AM)

Wonder how Matheny feels about this.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser+Apr 21 2004, 12:11 PM-->
                        QUOTE (kaiser @ Apr 21 2004, 12:11 PM)

Dvyyy, Add the excuse of jumping down a flight of stairs at the hotel.

May not pitch tonight.
                        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Apr 21 2004, 11:17 AM

* Mechanics
                          * Too jazzed up about pitching vs. HOU
                          * Pitched a CG recently
                          * Concerned too much with pitching at Minute Maid
                          * blah blah blah
                          Dvyyy,

Thi is a good one, I like it already.

What will be "Hungo's" excuse for Morris' poor outing be (assuming he has a poor outing)?

I'll go with option number two. The excuse will be that he's too jazzed up because he is pitching against Houston IN. . .emphasis on IN Houston for the first time this year.
                          Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

• Working...
                            X