Lincoln in the 8th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln in the 8th?

Last night someone said that they'd give Lincoln the 7th from now on, but why not the eighth? He can be the nail, and Izzy can be the Hammer.

Do you guys think Izzy will be good for tonight?
    Are you on the list?

I think the prevailing wisdom (ha ha) going into the season was that you'd see a 7-8-9 of Lincoln, Tavarez, Izzy.

With Tavarez "struggling" I think it only makes sense to use Lincoln in the 8th.

Izzy *should* be able to pitch again. And by the way, I don't see many giving Tony "props" for bringing him into the 8th inning last night.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I think it was a solid move. If Morris can go deep, and if we can build a lead I can even see letting King/Tavarez in the game and letting Izzy close, saving Lincoln for that role tomorrow?

Getting at least two of these three back and having a little revenge against those Milwaukee fuckballs would be sweet.

BTW..........how sick are Pujols' stats? 1 strike out? .409 when he's behind in the count?

worth every penny.
      Are you on the list?

Comment

what about my man cody? Couldnt he picth the 7th like a wakefield? i am not totaly jokeing here.

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke@Apr 21 2004, 09:55 AM
          what about my man cody? Couldnt he picth the 7th like a wakefield? i am not totaly jokeing here.
          I wouldn't mind seeing that again, especially if we were up several runs.
          Are you on the list?

Comment

Tony was flawless last night, I'll give him that. I questioned the Sanders' sacrifice bunt, but that turned out for the best and Izzy was dominant last night. Props to him.

I think Izzy should be able to go tonight, only one inning though. He threw what, 26 pitches last night? If he is healthy as he says he is, no reason why he can't come back and pitch tonight.

Comment

Right now, I like Lincoln is the 8th better.
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Apr 21 2004, 12:39 PM

I think Izzy should be able to go tonight, only one inning though. He threw what, 26 pitches last night? If he is healthy as he says he is, no reason why he can't come back and pitch tonight.
                That's what I 'm thinking too.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

i've heard some say that lincoln has closer-type stuff. what do you guys think? i think al said it, or maybe it was horton/carpenter over the weekend. if so, i wonder if we could trade izzy at some point.
                  Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

what do you think about lincoln as back up closer? instead of kline?
                    Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Apr 21 2004, 12:17 PM
                      i've heard some say that lincoln has closer-type stuff. what do you guys think? i think al said it, or maybe it was horton/carpenter over the weekend. if so, i wonder if we could trade izzy at some point.
                      I wouldn't trade izzy...i don't know that i would resign him, but i wouldn't trade him
                      Are you on the list?

Comment

I like Lincoln in the 7th and I will tell you why.

If we are ahead - that is when the teams will try to mount an attack - if we can slam the door then the pressure is no on them to do something in the 8th because the 9th should be lights out.

I like Lincoln 7th King 8th Izzy 9th.

I would like to see McKay get more innings but I don't think we will.
                        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Apr 21 2004, 03:32 PM
                          I would like to see McKay get more innings but I don't think we will.
                          I don't think LaRussa realized that he let the genie out of the bottle there. I'd like to see it too.
                          Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 21 2004, 09:27 AM
                            I think the prevailing wisdom (ha ha) going into the season was that you'd see a 7-8-9 of Lincoln, Tavarez, Izzy.

With Tavarez "struggling" I think it only makes sense to use Lincoln in the 8th.

Izzy *should* be able to pitch again. And by the way, I don't see many giving Tony "props" for bringing him into the 8th inning last night.
                            Winston,

Good point, I hadn't realized (not being able to see or listen to the game here) that Tony had done that. I like maximizing the closer in those situations. Good job by Tony. Win "today's" game, because tomorrow, you might have a 12-4 lead and not need your closer.

Comment

Bingo, KConn.

That's one thing I disagree w/ Tony on: You can't play for tomorrow.
                              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Working...
                              X