Nothing is ever easy for Warner ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

People overall are up in arms about this and the Rams are making a PR move.

That's "my view."
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I hope they do trade Warner, just so that morons with the local (and national) press look like bigger jackasses then they really are for reporting the Rams releasing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Apr 21 2004, 09:19 AM
        I hope they do trade Warner, just so that morons with the local (and national) press look like bigger jackasses then they really are for reporting the Rams releasing him.
        I can't see them getting anything for Warner after they sign Bulger and draft a QB. At that point, the other teams would know we're going to release him if no trade materializes.

The Rams cards have been shown.
        "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Two words: Spin control.
          "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

or two other words, soap opera

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Based partly on that, the personnel chief said, his team and many others studied the 34-year-old Warner closely and decided to look elsewhere for veteran quarterback help.

"I saw a guy in the Giants game in the season opener, the last game he started, that fumbled six times and had a hard time holding on to the ball," the person said. "He's a shell of the guy he once was. Sometimes guys hit the wall. If he was the same top-caliber quarterback, do you think the Rams would be letting him go? I think people see him now as a backup."
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Apr 21 2004, 10:23 AM
                Based partly on that, the personnel chief said, his team and many others studied the 34-year-old Warner closely and decided to look elsewhere for veteran quarterback help.

"I saw a guy in the Giants game in the season opener, the last game he started, that fumbled six times and had a hard time holding on to the ball," the person said. "He's a shell of the guy he once was. Sometimes guys hit the wall. If he was the same top-caliber quarterback, do you think the Rams would be letting him go? I think people see him now as a backup."
                Sigh.

Does he compare to anyone else in history? Someone whose ascent was as quick as his decline.

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke@Apr 21 2004, 09:53 AM
                  I think so, too.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote+Apr 21 2004, 10:28 AM-->
                    QUOTE (pgrote @ Apr 21 2004, 10:28 AM)

Originally posted by jhanke@Apr 21 2004, 09:53 AM
                    excellent.

Sometimes, the best spin control is accepting your fate, placing your trust in a higher power, and starting anew.

Sometimes the overwhelming willingness to speak the truth is met with the harshest critics.

Sometimes the best defense is silence from all parties.

Someday someone around Rams Park will apply this.
                    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

trade him? who's going to take a 40 million dollar QB who can't throw or hold onto the ball? when they can get him after he's released and pay him welll under the obscene salary he has right now.

i'm sure they'll TRY to trade him. that's easy. but they're not serious about it.
                      Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Apr 21 2004, 11:08 AM
                        trade him? who's going to take a 40 million dollar QB who can't throw or hold onto the ball?
                        49ers.

Have fun with him!

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Apr 21 2004, 11:08 AM
                          trade him? who's going to take a 40 million dollar QB who can't throw or hold onto the ball? when they can get him after he's released and pay him welll under the obscene salary he has right now.

i'm sure they'll TRY to trade him. that's easy. but they're not serious about it.
                          Big talk in Chicago today about possibly acquiring Warner on call-in shows. However, most of the pundits agree that Warner (get this) would have to know coming in that Grossman is "The Man", and his role would be that of backup.

Yeah, right!

Weirder things have happened, though. Lovie's here, Warner wants out, Chicago has improved offensive line, current backup is extremely green, QB's rarely play an entire season without injury, etc.

But backup? I think chicago radio personalites are wishful thinking on this one...west coast (SF or San Diego) more likely choices.

Also, I do believe The Big Tuna is also salivating at the possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove@Apr 21 2004, 11:31 AM

Sometimes the best defense is silence from all parties.

True words of wisdom.
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

• Working...
                              X