Saddam's tribunal judge? Chalabi's nephew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam's tribunal judge? Chalabi's nephew

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqi leaders have set up a tribunal to try ousted dictator Saddam Hussein and other members of his Baathist regime, a spokesman for the Iraqi Governing Council said Tuesday.

Salem Chalabi, the nephew of the head the Iraqi National Congress, was named to head the tribunal of judges and prosecutors, according to council spokesman Entefadh Qanbar.

CNN link

So does this mean witnesses that lie will be tolerated and encouraged??!?!

Hopefully the nephew didn't get his ethics from his uncle - the one guy that can make DICK Cheney seem like a truth-teller.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

He might not get a fair trial? Omigod! Call the ACLU!

Comment

I hope he gets acquitted.

Comment

Will his defense point out that thousands more Iraqis have died under a year of US rule than would have under him?
          Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Will his defense point out that thousands more Iraqis have died under a year of US rule than would have under him?
            You a SUCH a terrific asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 20 2004, 05:03 PM
              You a SUCH a terrific asshole.
              but he has a point....
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

He has no point except to be a terrific, really spectacular asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 20 2004, 05:06 PM
                  you must not have read his post.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 20 2004, 05:06 PM
                    You disagree that we're so much better at killing than Saddam?

I'm surprised. You of all people should be be aware of US superiority.

Comment

We should put Saddam back in power.
                      O.J. could be his right-hand man. He needs a new one, right?

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Apr 20 2004, 05:11 PM
                        We should put Saddam back in power.
                        O.J. could be his right-hand man. He needs a new one, right?
                        Send that suggestion to the white house.

I think they're always looking for ways to make a terrible shituation yet worse.

Comment

Reggie doesnt care about the dead civilian towelheads, even if they are innocent women and children.

We are better than those towelheads, and our God is better than their God, and the more towelheads we can kill, the happier Reggie is.
                          “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

I prefer innocent women and children if at all possible. If that doesn't put the fear of a Baptist God into them, then nothing will.

Asshole.

Comment

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/index.html

Iraq by the numbers

The Pentagon doesn't like publicizing tallies of the dead and wounded in Iraq much, or generally offering statistics regarding military action there, so Newsweek adds up the depressing toll in the latest issue.

"150,000. The estimated number of all coalition forces in Iraq, of which about 124,000 are Americans and 26,000 are others.

20,000. The number of U.S. troops who are being told this week that they'll have to stay in Iraq another 90 days.

8,875 to 10,725. The minimum and maximum estimates of the number of Iraqi civilians killed in Iraq so far, according to IraqBodyCount.org, an organization of British and American academics. Other groups have even higher estimates.

3,466. The total of American soldiers wounded in action in Iraq through April 17, 2004, according to the Pentagon. There's a lot of controversy about these figures, which do not include many minor wounds, although they do include some soldiers who are wounded and returned to duty. Other estimates of wounded American soldiers range as high as 15,000.

793. Total coalition soldiers killed in Iraq since the war began, according to the U.S. Army’s Central Command, as of April 17, 2004. Of those, 579 were killed in action. 690 of the dead are American soldiers of which 501 are officially listed as KIA or hostile action. Besides the Americans, soldiers from El Salvador, Thailand, Spain, Italy, Britain, Poland, Ukraine, Estonia, Denmark and Bulgaria have lost their lives."
                              2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Working...
                              X