Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Rivalry in Sports

What is the best rivalry in sports?

Boston - Yankees? Cardinals - Cubs? Ohio State - Michigan? Maybe past battles like Johnny Mac vs. Connors? How about the Dodgers - Giants?

Collegiate or professional, single competition or team contests...regardless of type of sporting event, what do you think is/has been the best rivalry in sports, past or present?
    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Danton vs. agent.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

MU vs. SLU

Riggs vs. King

Seabiscuit vs. that other horse.
      Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

The Stratocaster & Telecaster vs. the Gibson Les Paul.

sorry.....

1. Red Sox-Yanks....they truly hate each other
        2. Ohio St-Mi.
        3. Chiefs-Raiders......they truly hate each other
        4. North Carolina-Duke
        "As I said much earlier in this thread, I'm not sure there's a better poster here than Mr. Telecaster."

Kaiser
        12-9-04

Comment

Army-Navy
          Cowboys-Redskins
          Michigan-Notre Dame
          Michigan-Michigan St.
          Blues-Blackhawks
          Red Wings-Avs
          MU-Illinois
          Florida-Florida State-Miami
          Packers-Bears
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

c'mon, MU- KU
            Canucks-Avs (after Berrtuzi)

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

SLU-SMS
              Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke@Apr 20 2004, 10:52 AM
                c'mon, MU- KU
                Canucks-Avs (after Berrtuzi)
                I thought of MU-KU, but I didn't think it would be considered as "heated" as the ones I listed.

I've been wrong before though.....
                "As I said much earlier in this thread, I'm not sure there's a better poster here than Mr. Telecaster."

Kaiser
                12-9-04

Comment

Originally posted by fender tele+Apr 20 2004, 10:54 AM-->
                  QUOTE (fender tele @ Apr 20 2004, 10:54 AM)

Originally posted by fender tele+Apr 20 2004, 10:54 AM-->
                  QUOTE (fender tele @ Apr 20 2004, 10:54 AM)

MU v. KU isn't a great rivalry.

It's not a rivalry if one team wins all the time. In that instance, it's just jealousy.

MU v. the NCAA might be a rivalry to watch.
                  I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Apr 20 2004, 11:01 AM
                    MU v. KU isn't a great rivalry.

It's not a rivalry if one team wins all the time. In that instance, it's just jealousy.

MU v. the NCAA might be a rivalry to watch.
                    Which sport are you talking about? MU-ku is great because the hatred is there in every sport. Duke and NC don't care about their football game. It hasn't been much of a rivalry in basketball since Quin got here, but it's always a pretty intense game.
                    Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Well never let it be said that Mr. Tele refuses to admit an error in judgment.

Thank you both.

Kaiser
                      12-9-04

Comment

Ohio State - Michigan is my pick.

Red Sox-Yanks the Sox have not won a big game against NY for them to actually have a rivalry.
                        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Apr 20 2004, 11:14 AM
                          Ohio State - Michigan is my pick.

Red Sox-Yanks the Sox have not won a big game against NY for them to actually have a rivalry.
                          The Ohio State-Michigan thing is pretty one sided in favor of Michigan.

Michigan wins 2 out of every 3 games, and has knocked OSU from the ranks of unbeatens 3 or 4 times in the last 15 years.

Comment

• Working...
                            X