Any Fisherman Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Fisherman Out There?

The past few weeks, I have been doing a lot of crappie fishing. I have been to lakes in S. Illinois and C. Illinois. Its been frustrating due to March like winds in April. I have had some success, but I am baffled by some of the elements out there.

Have any of you guys had any luck and where have you gone? What lures do you guys use and what do you like to fish for?

I have caught several good sized crappie and tons of blue gill. Also caught some smal bass and striped bass. Not big enough to keep, however.

One question I have: why is the water so muddy and murky looking? We went almost 10 days without rain, and thats when it should be more clear. Why was it murky without the rain?
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Where are trig ang kah to explain that last question?
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

The water is murky because the really big brown trout down at the very bottom of the lakes are using their tails to scoop out their spawning beds. You can catch them with a size four rooster tail attached to a bluespackled toilaflex, but you have to release them during spawning season.
      Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

trout.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

i like horshoe lake
          Are you on the list?

Comment

I go to the small farm ponds in my area, great fishin!!!

Carlyle lake is not bad either, if you know where to fish it.
            Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBrained@Apr 20 2004, 11:16 AM
              Carlyle lake is not bad either, if you know where to fish it.
              I have been there a few times.

I fished by the train trussel (keysport?) and the rocks to the west of it. If its windy there, its a ROUGH ROUGH lake.

Where are the best places to fish?

Comment

I have been doing a lot of crappie fishing.

Jax.........don't be so hard on yorself............
                AKA reddevil
                AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by davel@Apr 20 2004, 11:44 AM
                  I have been doing a lot of crappie fishing.

Jax.........don't be so hard on yorself............

Actually, I was being kind. This spring hasnt been the best fishing of my life. I have heard several others have struggled too. I am glad its not just me.

Comment

I like fishing for mod intervention.
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Apr 20 2004, 10:46 AM
                      I like fishing for mod intervention.
                      I was fishing once, and talking to my buddy about super happy fun ball, then he just disappeared. Without a trace. Wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Apr 20 2004, 10:48 AM-->
                        QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Apr 20 2004, 10:48 AM)

Jack,

Lake of the Ozarks was always a pretty good spot for crappie. I haven't fished it in awhile, though.
                        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

I think we're bringing this off topic.

Jack,

I'm not a fisherman. I tried a few times down in St. James, MO fishing for rainbow trout. I'd hit the bastards on the head with my bait and they still wouldn't bite. The old man next to me was using marshmellows and cheese whiz. He caught his limit.

Comment

Been catching a ton of crappie. Right on the bank. Undisclosed location.
                            Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

• Working...
                              X