Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues planning to cut payroll drastically

Read all aboot'it

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

You think when Larry is upset he says,

"Pleau me"!!??

Comment

I hope they cut ticket and beer prices in half too!!!!
      . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
      -mike
      mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker@Apr 19 2004, 11:53 PM
        I hope they cut ticket and beer prices in half too!!!!
        The ticket prices are already low enough if you "slum" it up top -- $8 for a full season per game... which is cheaper than a jumbo beer. Puzzling...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Apr 19 2004, 11:54 PM-->
          QUOTE (steveInebriated @ Apr 19 2004, 11:54 PM)

If by "cutting payroll drastically" they mean sitting firm on the current team, sans Mellanby ($2.5M) and MacInnis ($7.5M) - and quite possibly the departure of Demitra ($6.5M), and plan to plug holes with guys like Johnny Pohl and Varlamov, I say "Status Pleau."

This configuration's dick really can touch it's own asshole. It's been doing it since 1967....

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Apr 20 2004, 12:59 AM
            If by "cutting payroll drastically" they mean sitting firm on the current team, sans Mellanby ($2.5M) and MacInnis ($7.5M) - and quite possibly the departure of Demitra ($6.5M), and plan to plug holes with guys like Johnny Pohl and Varlamov, I say "Status Pleau."

This configuration's dick really can touch it's own asshole. It's been doing it since 1967....
            Same shit, different year...

Or as I"d like to say: Same old sorry ass Blues....

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Apr 19 2004, 10:59 PM

My guess is that is what the cutting of payroll will be. That will put the Blues in the $45 million range. You might even be able to throw in Drake and Osgood, dropping it to $40 million. It won't improve the team one bit though--it'll make it worse for the present and no better for the future.

The only way the Blues can truly improve for the long-term is if they can trade some of these guys for youth, be it Demitra, Weight, Tkachuk, or Pronger. If they can't find a taker for Demitra by June 30, I predict they decline to offer him a qualifier.

On another note, did Pleau say anything about the Danton situation?

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 20 2004, 01:04 AM
                On another note, did Pleau say anything about the Danton situation?
                Yeah...he essentially passed on answering it, saying it was in the authorities hands right now but we hope he gets better...

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar+Apr 20 2004, 12:04 AM-->
                  QUOTE (devaskar @ Apr 20 2004, 12:04 AM)

We agree on pretty much everything, Steve, but I don't really know that jettisoning Osgood will leave us in a better situation. I'd rather just let Savage walk back to Phoenix.

Tkachuk will be the hardest to move. Hopefully out there, Ted Leonsis is looking for a power forward.
                  Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                  "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

The Blues only paid Savage for like 10 games. Getting rid of him won't alter the payroll much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Apr 20 2004, 01:08 AM-->
                      QUOTE (steveInebriated @ Apr 20 2004, 01:08 AM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 12:04 AM

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 20 2004, 01:12 AM
                      The Blues only paid Savage for like 10 games. Getting rid of him won't alter the payroll much at all.
                      He's still technically on the roster/payroll for next year, though...
                      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 20 2004, 02:12 AM
                        Keeping him will.
                        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

• Working...
                          X