Blues press conference today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues press conference today

I just caught this one sound bite, courtesy of KFNS a few minutes ago....

Any one else? Apparently, they will cut payroll in half...too bad they held on to that facade of being 'competitive' this year...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Well, at least we won't have to worry about the playoff streak anymore...

Comment

It's the NHL.

There won't be a season next year, but the following year we'll still make the playoffs.

Comment

Another clip, goaltending: "Sure he coulda played better. We have a tough decision to make with Chris." the waiting game....

He blamed Tkachuk and Pavol quite a bit today, judging by these clips.....

Comment

cut the payroll in half?

To do that, they need to lose at least 2 of Tkachuk, Pronger, Weight, Demitra.

And given Pleau's style, I'm sure he'll just let Pronger and Demitra walk.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Apr 19 2004, 04:29 PM
            cut the payroll in half?

And given Pleau's style, I'm sure he'll just let Pronger and Demitra walk.
            He says he will 'go with youth'...whatever that means...

He said all the same BS this time last year...there were some big changes after last year's 'our jobs our on the line' press conference....

It happens every spring....

Comment

I missed the whole thing, can you get a recap of it anywhere? I assume this was Pleau giving the press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinelander@Apr 19 2004, 04:50 PM
                I missed the whole thing, can you get a recap of it anywhere? I assume this was Pleau giving the press conference.
                Well, Pleau was talking, but I think Sauer had his hand up his ass, puppet-style....

Comment

Originally posted by 007+Apr 19 2004, 04:50 PM-->
                  QUOTE (007 @ Apr 19 2004, 04:50 PM)

That sounds more like an overhaul than a makeover, like they said earlier...

"
                  Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Apr 19 2004, 04:55 PM
                    That sounds more like an overhaul than slight changes, like they said earlier...
                    MEG, you remember last season's 'blockbuster' of a new conference, don't you? They said everyone's job was on the line and the players would be changine and...zilch, zero, nada: nothing happened....

I'm not gonna hold my breath on this....

Comment

Originally posted by 007+Apr 19 2004, 03:57 PM-->
                      QUOTE (007 @ Apr 19 2004, 03:57 PM)

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Apr 19 2004, 04:00 PM
                      It's amazing Larry Pleau has lasted this long... Sauer should have been gone long ago as well... These guys couldn't run a Pizza Hut.
                      How about a Dairy Queen?

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Apr 19 2004, 04:09 PM
                        How about a Dairy Queen?

Nice reference BBZ! That was a great stunt by Cuban. Man, I'd love to have him buy the Blues from Laurie. That would be entertaining!
                        You can't kill terror
                        So let's declare war
                        There's so many dead that we can't keep score

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Apr 19 2004, 04:29 PM
                          cut the payroll in half?

Those are my choices...
                          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

• Working...
                            X