Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengals send Dillon to Pats

http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/7267133

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Awesome.

He's a cancer.

Comment

so long clubhouse cohesion.

Comment

This is a very surprising move by the Patriots. I wonder why they didn't just draft someone instead?
        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD@Apr 19 2004, 02:58 PM
          This is a very surprising move by the Patriots. I wonder why they didn't just draft someone instead?
          Because Clarrett's eligibility for the draft was stayed by an appeals court.

Comment

Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card+Apr 19 2004, 02:59 PM-->
              QUOTE (Iowa_Card @ Apr 19 2004, 02:59 PM)

I'm not worried about the effect Dillon will have on the locker room. If Belichick thought that Dillon was going to be at all a negative influence, there's no way he would have brought him in. I'm sure he did his due dilligence in checking out Dillon ad nauseum to make certain of the kind of person he is. Given the success of his personnel moves over the last 3 years, I have no choice but to trust Belichick in his belief that Dillon won't be a problem off the field.
              Official Lounge Sponsor:
              Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
              The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
              Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

I think this will be a great move for the Pats. If Belichick can keep a short leash on Dillon and get him to run like he did 2 years ago, they have one of the top 5 RBs in the NFL.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

how old is dillon? isn't he like 31? that's pretty much where RB's hit "the wall."
                  Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Apr 19 2004, 03:16 PM
                    how old is dillon? isn't he like 31? that's pretty much where RB's hit "the wall."
                    I think he's 28.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Apr 19 2004, 03:16 PM
                      He'll turn 30 during the season.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor:
                      Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                      The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                      Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

I think the Pats just made a significant move towards another SB win.
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

He fills the Antwain Smith opening quite nicely. They'll still rotate their backs depending on the conditions and matchup.
                          *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

I think Dillon is incredibly overrated but he's considerably better than Antowain Smith and he has something to prove. He'll have the best year of his career and be on his best behavior in 2004.

All bets are off after that.

And the Patriots still have six picks in the first rounds of the draft. Anyone want to bet they'll add a few more 2005 picks over the next week?

Comment

• Working...
                              X