Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homework Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Homework Help

    Having read much of what is written in this forum, it is obvious there are some very interesting and creative minds here. Since I am all but lost on this assignment, I figured why not try asking the loungers for help. Now I'm sure I will be called an asscake, attention whore, etc. for posting this, but oh well. So could anyone help me write a paper roughly 5 pages long answering the following question:

    "What elements of Allen Ginsberg's poetry are post-modern? How does he portray postmodernism in America?"

    This entire board is full of post-modernism so I know you guys can do this.



    BTW, for anyone who can provide me some help, I will PM them one of the best pics I have ever seen.
    FML

  • #2
    That's the problem with the youth of today, always looking for the easy way out.

    Put your mind to work Reggie.

    And welcome to the Beat Generation.
    Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

    ..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

    Comment


    • #3
      I can only tell you this.

      The subject is so broad as to approach infinity - whatever help I could give you would end up just muddying your waters -

      Sorry - you are on your own.
      Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

      Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
      God is stronger and the problem knows it.

      2017 BOTB bracket

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by COACH REGGIE@Apr 19 2004, 01:46 PM
        Having read much of what is written in this forum, it is obvious there are some very interesting and creative minds here. Since I am all but lost on this assignment, I figured why not try asking the loungers for help. Now I'm sure I will be called an asscake, attention whore, etc. for posting this, but oh well. So could anyone help me write a paper roughly 5 pages long answering the following question:

        "What elements of Allen Ginsberg's poetry are post-modern? How does he portray postmodernism in America?"

        This entire board is full of post-modernism so I know you guys can do this.



        BTW, for anyone who can provide me some help, I will PM them one of the best pics I have ever seen.
        I'd focus on mainly how he keeps lowering the interest rates and that helps America. He's a true patriot in these modern times where we so desperately need one.
        Dude. Can. Fly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Coach
          Focus on Ginsbergs Beat Period.

          Beat Poets
          The San Franciso School blends into the next grouping -- the "Beat" poets, who emerged in the 1950s. Most of the important Beats (beatniks) migrated to San Francisco from the East Coast, gaining their initial national recognition in California. Major Beat writers have included Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Jack Kerouac, and William Burroughs. Beat poetry is oral, repetitive, and immensely effective in readings, largely because it developed out of poetry readings in underground clubs. Some might correctly see it as a great-grandparent of the rap music that became prevalent in the 1990s.

          Beat poetry was the most anti-establishment form of literature in the United States, but beneath its shocking words lies a love of country. The poetry is a cry of pain and rage at what the poets see as the loss of America's innocence and the tragic waste of its human and material resources.

          Poems like Allen Ginsberg's Howl (1956) revolutionized traditional poetry:


          I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness,

          starving hysterical naked,

          dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking

          for an angry fix,

          angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection

          to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night...
          IMHO Ginsbergs poem "Howl" is the most representative work of his post-modern writing.
          Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

          ..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

          Comment


          • #6
            Dude,

            Just make shit up. No one really cares. Also, be sure to use the following phrases as often as possible - shibby, dead hookers, crack pipe, and Ginsberg killed Tupac. This my son, is the secret to a good paper.


            I will PM them one of the best pics I have ever seen.
            BTW, where did you get pictures of me?
            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

            Comment


            • #7
              www.google.com is your friend
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott
              Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
              5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

              Comment


              • #8
                Focus on Ginsbergs Beat Period.
                That could be useful....you win the viewing of the pic that is NOT turd
                FML

                Comment


                • #9
                  that quote copying attempt sure didn't work like i planned
                  FML

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You'll get more credit if you write the essay as a limerick. Here's a start:

                    Ginsberg, they say, was a poet
                    Though I wouldn't know him from a go-at
                    He howled and he whined,
                    But he didn't much rhyme
                    And now he's dead.
                    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                    --Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Apr 19 2004, 02:26 PM
                      You'll get more credit if you write the essay as a limerick. Here's a start:

                      Ginsberg, they say, was a poet
                      Though I wouldn't know him from a go-at
                      He howled and he whined,
                      But he didn't much rhyme
                      And now he's dead.
                      Brilliant KBF. Are you trying to take over ReggieCleveland's literary racket?

                      CoachReggie - tell your instructor that discussing beat poetry on a sports internet forum is the ultimate manifestation of McLuhan's zeitgeist.

                      Then, in lieu ( ) of text in your essay, provide hyperlinks to this forum topics on this website. "Howl" has been mentioned quoted, and parodied here and on Bernie's. And on the Simpsons - academics love the Simpsons references.
                      2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Think i gave my all thursday, send me what you got and i will help!

                        Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!


                        Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I must say I'm dissapointed in the amount of help received. Only one good thought.

                          Maybe if I offered a pony as a reward? I live on a farm so it might be doable.....
                          FML

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ginsberg..and Beat Poetry..

                            What school do you attend?? Our Mother of the Eternally Hip Teachers??

                            Anway..

                            Discuss...Poetry, Virtue and Trembling Lambs...and the supression of individuality in an increasingly conformist society..

                            That'll score some points with those hippy teachers of yours..

                            BTW...write it on rolling papers...they'll love the added effect.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Apr 19 2004, 07:27 PM
                              Ginsberg..and Beat Poetry..

                              What school do you attend?? Our Mother of the Eternally Hip Teachers??

                              Anway..

                              Discuss...Poetry, Virtue and Trembling Lambs...and the supression of individuality in an increasingly conformist society..

                              That'll score some points with those hippy teachers of yours..

                              BTW...write it on rolling papers...they'll love the added effect.
                              Wang has some good advice, except the last part. Never waste rolling papers, you never can tell when you might need them.
                              I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

                              Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

                              Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

                              Bill Walton

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X