Breaking News! Maurice Clarrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News! Maurice Clarrett

Maurice Clarrett ruled ineligible for the NFL Draft.

Decision is temporary. Could go to a Supplemental draft later if decision is over turned.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Damn it!

The bitch on the radio said he was ineligible.

It's the last time I believe her. :angry:

Comment

Only temporarily, while the appeals court hears the case. It could render a decision or lift the stay before the draft. Also, if they miss the draft and are later ruled to have been eligible, the NFL has said there will be a supplemental draft for Clarett and others affected.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04...tory?id=1785560
        June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

What a mess this is turning into.
          Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Does anyone think it possible that the NFL could offer a waiver to Mike Williams and/or Clarrett to allow them to participate in this year's draft, and just apply the court ruling to all subsequent drafts? I could even see the NFL giving just Williams the waiver, under the guise that Williams voluntarily gave up his collegiate eligibility under the assumption that he would be able to compete in the NFL, to put it in Clarrett's face. Paul Tagliabue strikes me of being spiteful enough to do something like that.
            Official Lounge Sponsor:
            Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
            The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
            Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Awesome. Good ruling.

Comment

When has playing a sport professionally restricted them from their "livelyhood"?

I mean, the purpose of college isn't to play sports, but to get a degree.

Comment

if I was a GM and needed a RB, he would not even be considered a pick for me
                  Sponsor of:
                  Brian Elliott
                  Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                  5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Mike Williams is getting screwed out of this. He followed the process legally and to the T, but since he signed with an agent he can't return to school. If the NCAA had any sense, they would let him back in. But, they probably won't so I hope Williams can make the transition from LA to Winnipeg for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Apr 19 2004, 01:44 PM
                      When has playing a sport professionally restricted them from their "livelyhood"?

I mean, the purpose of college isn't to play sports, but to get a degree.
                      My selfish interests are very happy with this ruling. I would much rather these kids go to college.

Why? I love the college game in both basketball and football better than the pro game. It bothers me when these kids go pro.

That said, I can see where they are coming from in saying it's unconstitutional for them to be kept out of the league. I can actually see the case for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Apr 19 2004, 02:03 PM
                        Mike Williams is getting screwed out of this. He followed the process legally and to the T, but since he signed with an agent he can't return to school. If the NCAA had any sense, they would let him back in. But, they probably won't so I hope Williams can make the transition from LA to Winnipeg for a year.
                        He looked to take advantage of a rule change before it was decided in court. He deserves whatever fate he gets.

He knew the rules when he went to college. He knew them the day before the 1st Clarett decision. He thought they shanged, and he thought wrong.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by tigernumbe+Apr 19 2004, 02:18 PM-->
                          QUOTE (tigernumbe @ Apr 19 2004, 02:18 PM)

Originally posted by Guppy@Apr 19 2004, 02:01 PM
                          if I was a GM and needed a RB, he would not even be considered a pick for me
                          Same here, but I'd ignore him because of his physical and mental problems...not his age.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Apr 19 2004, 04:21 PM-->
                            QUOTE (BringBackZezel @ Apr 19 2004, 04:21 PM)
                            Working...
                            X