Diego Maradona Critical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diego Maradona Critical

Years of abusing himself has apparently resulted in the inevitable....Maradona is in hospital in critical condition and it's all over the media here. His father had a heart condition and one of his own arteries has been damaged since he was a boy.

Following in the footsteps of George Best he seems to have a death wish. One of the top 5 best I've ever seen. Fortunately he played during a time when EVERYTHING was filmed.

I saw him in 1980 at Wembley and, I think he was 18/19 then.....so maybe about 43-45 now.

Damn shame.

If ever he needed 'the hand of God' it's now.

I started a thread too Dalode - maybe the mods will combine them - at this point it appears only you and I are interested in the man that was voted on par with Pele.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Link

Check out the pic...Looks like he's been hitting the buffet a few times.
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Apr 19 2004, 12:44 PM
        I started a thread too Dalode - maybe the mods will combine them - at this point it appears only you and I are interested in the man that was voted on par with Pele.
        Sorry Schwa....missed that. Probably all of the years of abusing myself coming to light :-)

Comment

My top 5 ever; 1-Pele, 2-Maradona, 3-Cruyff 4- Beckenbauer 5-tie between Zidane and Platini. If it is Maradona's time, no one can accuse hime of not getting a lot out of those 40-odd years.

Comment

Wow, looks like Maradona has been using the hand of God to eat a lot of donuts.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Apr 19 2004, 12:59 PM
              Wow, looks like Maradona has been using the hand of God to eat a lot of donuts.
              I wonder how many people on this board know what "hand of God" refers to?
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan+Apr 19 2004, 01:04 PM-->
                QUOTE (ElviswasaBluesFan @ Apr 19 2004, 01:04 PM)

Originally posted by King in KC+Apr 19 2004, 01:12 PM-->
                QUOTE (King in KC @ Apr 19 2004, 01:12 PM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2004, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by hommennoir@Apr 19 2004, 12:57 PM
                My top 5 ever; 1-Pele, 2-Maradona, 3-Cruyff 4- Beckenbauer 5-tie between Zidane and Platini. If it is Maradona's time, no one can accuse hime of not getting a lot out of those 40-odd years.
                Homs-

Very good list...

I would sub Cruyff for Best

Zidane definitely deserves to be in top-5..

Maradonna..I guess the treatments in Cuba didnt help...well, unfortunately, he snorted so much coke.even Tony Montoya would have been impressed...almost as if he funded his own Bolivian province with his habit.

Comment

NSFW

Maradona takes a time out.

http://poetry.rotten.com/whizz/

Comment

Wang, Best was great but never really got to show himself on the world stage. Unfortunately, Northern Ireland never qualified for the WC with Best. Cruyff led Ajax to 3 Euopean Cups and also led Holland to the 74 World Cup Final, where they lost to West Germany but took the football world by storm with their "total football" concept.

Comment

Maradonna..I guess the treatments in Cuba didnt help...well, unfortunately, he snorted so much coke.even Tony Montoya would have been impressed...almost as if he funded his own Bolivian province with his habit.
                      Uhhhhh, ya' mean Tony Montana? Say hello to my lil' fren'!!

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Apr 19 2004, 07:36 PM
                        Uhhhhh, ya' mean Tony Montana? Say hello to my lil' fren'!!

Moon
                        It would appear that way seeing that photo.

Comment

i never even knew he had these problems, but i hope he gets a 2nd chance.

Comment

• Working...
                            X