The power of Rush, DeLay, and Ashcroft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The power of Rush, DeLay, and Ashcroft

Here's what happens when Ashcroft and company (and the hysterical right-wingers on this forum) smear Gorelick. Good work, right-wingers!

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/index.html

Gorelick's life threatened
    Democratic 9/11 commisssioner Jamie Gorelick said this weekend her life was threatened after conservatives, including Tom DeLay and Rush Limbaugh, "alleged that her former work in the Justice Department may have contributed to failures leading to the attacks" and called for her resignation from the panel, CNN reported. The right-wing storm around Gorelick started last week when Attorney General John Ashcroft claimed a memo Gorelick wrote while an official in the Clinton Justice Department hamstrung anti-terror investigations before 9/11. The memo regarded the "wall" separating law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

"'I can confirm that I've received threats at my office and my home,' Gorelick told CNN on Saturday. 'I did get a bomb threat to my home.' She added, 'I have gotten a lot of very vile e-mails. The bomb threat was by phone.'"

Gorelick wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post over the weekend defending herself and straightening out the record --- the "wall" did not begin with her, the concept dates back to the Reagan administration, was reaffirmed by Ashcroft's own deputy, and her memo actually sought, if anything, to weaken the wall.
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Trig, my brother. You're starting to lose it, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 19 2004, 10:44 AM
      What I find odd about the situation is that if Ashcroft says this document helped cause 9/11, and his deputy signed off on the document, then isn't essentially admitting what no one in the Bush administration will admit?
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Sorry Reg. Ashcroft can't adequately address his failures, so he begins a smear campaign against Gorelick for "starting" policies that his own administration continued.

DeLay and others step up the attacks. The right-wing attack machine in the press ramp it up even further, to the point that your right-wing compadres here are repeating the smears.

Next thing you know, the moron wing of your party is phoning in bomb threats. Sounds just like what they did to Daschle last year, right?
        2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

It's a good thing there are no crazy liberals...

Comment

Next thing you know, the moron wing of your party is phoning in bomb threats. Sounds just like what they did to Daschle last year, right?

Comment

What I think is Funny, this "supposedly" left wing media hasn't really covered the fact that it DIDN'T start with her at all, and that Ashcroft's own deputy agreed with it.
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

"Starting to"? I think we have seen the writing on the wall for sometime now.

No offense intended, but when Trig blames the president for continuing to read to the children for 10 minutes on 9/11 and states that Cheney thought the death of Haliburton employees in Iraq was worth it because of a financial interest, I think we can reasonably conclude that our brother Trig is destined for a meltdown sometime before the election.

Just my opinion.
                "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Working...
                X