MLB Monday - other teams GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Monday - other teams GDT

Just getting started on ESPN. Gary Thorne is broadcasting this game. I think he's broadcasting the Canadiens-Bruins game tonight too. Busy day for him! Busy day in Boston sports too--the marathon, Red Sox-Yankees, and a Game 7 for the Bruins.

Of course.

Its Patriot Day!
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Jason Giambi is DHing again today. It appears to me like Joe Torre doesn't trust him to play first base. This means Bernie Williams moves back to center field and Kenny Lofton goes to the bench.

Think the Cardinals can get the Yankees to pick up most of Lofton's salary in a trade so he can play left field?

Think A-Rod can finally muster up a hit in this series?

Comment

The pressure of playing in New Yawk seems to be getting to ARod a little bit. I'm sure he will be fine but that team doesn't look so hot right now. Shouldn't be long until the Boss goes off on one of his tirades. Those are always fun!
        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

A-Rod strikes out!

Still hitless in the series.

Comment

Go BoSox!

Who are the pitchers?
            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 19 2004, 09:07 AM
              Jason Giambi is DHing again today. It appears to me like Joe Torre doesn't trust him to play first base. This means Bernie Williams moves back to center field and Kenny Lofton goes to the bench.

Think the Cardinals can get the Yankees to pick up most of Lofton's salary in a trade so he can play left field?

Think A-Rod can finally muster up a hit in this series?
              I think Lofton is on the DL.....
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Kevin Brown vs. Bronson Arroyo.

Comment

KBrown and Arroyo.

If A-rod doesn't get better vs. Arroyo, man ...
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Apr 19 2004, 09:25 AM-->
                    QUOTE (BringBackZezel @ Apr 19 2004, 09:25 AM)

If Giambi DH's, do his stats still count for my fantasy team if I have him listed as a first baseman?

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Apr 19 2004, 08:25 AM
                      I think Lofton is on the DL.....
                      He is.

But apparently Torre said before today's game that what's best for the Yankees is for Giambi to DH. Which means someone, be it Bernie or Lofton, is going to have to sit.

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Apr 19 2004, 09:26 AM
                        If Giambi DH's, do his stats still count for my fantasy team if I have him listed as a first baseman?
                        I think they'll actually get taken off your team score.

And you might get arrested for playing a FBB player out of position.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Apr 19 2004, 09:26 AM
                          No, you lose. All your bases are belong to us - or something like that.
                          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

In his on-going efforts to be Cardinals shill, Al turned his "Mad Hungarian" act to yet another easy target, the Yankees and Kevin Brown. He's always hurt, says Al, that was a bad move.

See Al, the Yanks take risks on guys that had 2.25 ERAs last season in a full year for the Dodgers. The Cards take risks on Chris Carpenter, who has never had an ERA below 4 that I know off. The Cards #2 guy is Woody Williams, who isn't exactly the iron horse of pitchers.

I realize that the Cards can't afford Brown, but come on, he's a top 5/10 pitcher right now. A Cardinals shill should NOT be casting any stones his way.
                            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

• Working...
                              X